Howard U.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kamrute

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone interviewed at Howard and got a letter of acceptance/rejection yet?.

Members don't see this ad.

Kamrute said:
I was just wondering if anyone interviewed at Howard and got a letter of acceptance/rejection yet?.

I interviewed there, but still haven't recieved anything as far as acceptance.

Kamrute said:

I interviewed there in November. I received my acceptance letter in the mail on the 5th of December...it was postmarked for the 2nd. Good luck! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Crest said:
I interviewed there in November. I received my acceptance letter in the mail on the 5th of December...it was postmarked for the 2nd. Good luck! ;)

are you a minority? i was told not to apply there because im not

irishpint said:
are you a minority? i was told not to apply there because im not

Yes, but you still should have applied! It wouldn't have hurt....merely another ticket in the bag. Besides, the school is alot more diverse than people realize. I saw quite a few non-minority students there.

Crest and realtalk, do you mind sharing your stats. If you want you can PM me. I just want an idea cuz I just applied to howard.

dentwannabe said:
Crest and realtalk, do you mind sharing your stats. If you want you can PM me. I just want an idea cuz I just applied to howard.

I got my acceptance in the mail a couple of days ago. My stats are 3.2 GPA 3.1 science, 17AA/19TS/16PAT. Howard is a type of school that you need to have good extracurriculars for. They are the type of school that looks at the whole person rather than just the stats.

realtalk said:
I got my acceptance in the mail a couple of days ago. My stats are 3.2 GPA 3.1 science, 17AA/19TS/16PAT. Howard is a type of school that you need to have good extracurriculars for. They are the type of school that looks at the whole person rather than just the stats.

Do you know why they want a deposit on December 15th?? I thought we had 45 days to make a decision... :scared:

realtalk said:

My stats were very similar. I had extensive extracurriculars as well.

realtalk said:

congrats, my best friend goes there! He is a 2nd year.

Crest said:
Do you know why they want a deposit on December 15th?? I thought we had 45 days to make a decision... :scared:

I haven't actually seen the letter. My mom opened the letter and told me. I would call them and see why that is. That is very soon like less than two weeks soon. :scared: . Didn't know I had to make a decision so fast.

realtalk said:
I haven't actually seen the letter. My mom opened the letter and told me. I would call them and see why that is. That is very soon like less than two weeks soon. :scared: . Didn't know I had to make a decision so fast.

congrats on the acceptance! We need to start an URM club for the people starting in 2010, so we can network and help the applicants applying next year...any ideas?

Crest said:
They may be trying to weed out those who take the school as a back up. I feel only those who are seriously thinking of attending will pay up.

duh? said:
They may be trying to weed out those who take the school as a back up. I feel only those who are seriously thinking of attending will pay up.

according to the ADA or ADEA you have 45 days...u might wanna call them up.

realtalk said:

yea i received my acceptance a couple of days ago!

Crest said:
Yes, but you still should have applied! It wouldn't have hurt....merely another ticket in the bag. Besides, the school is alot more diverse than people realize. I saw quite a few non-minority students there.
Do you know if they consider you minority if you are born in Europe but US citizen? I am thinking to apply next year, and I am just curious.
Thanks and congrats!