Howard University College of Pharmacy c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kballa1914

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok everyone. I figured I'd start a post here in the pharmacy student forum since we are no longer pre-pharm. :D I'm pretty sure most you are like me and have not received anything except the acceptance letter and the app for the scholarship. But I know we are all looking for places to live and have other questions. I went to the Howard website and found this page which I felt helps a lot. I'm coming from Arizona so ima need all the help I can get.

http://www.gs.howard.edu/announceme...al Students Resource Guide--March 26 2007.pdf

Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad.

Ok everyone. I figured I'd start a post here in the pharmacy student forum since we are no longer pre-pharm. :D I'm pretty sure most you are like me and have not received anything except the acceptance letter and the app for the scholarship. But I know we are all looking for places to live and have other questions. I went to the Howard website and found this page which I felt helps a lot. I'm coming from Arizona so ima need all the help I can get.

http://www.gs.howard.edu/announceme...al Students Resource Guide--March 26 2007.pdf

Hope this helps

Hello future classmate! If you sent your deposit already, you should have received an email with further instructions, if you haven't received that yet call the school so they can get that to you asap. I didn't look thru that link too much, but it looks like its for international students only.

Hello future classmate! If you sent your deposit already, you should have received an email with further instructions, if you haven't received that yet call the school so they can get that to you asap. I didn't look thru that link too much, but it looks like its for international students only.

No I have not received an email and I did send my deposit. The website is aimed at international students but it has info on prices on rent of the Towers and Ellington Apartments. It also has info on the distance from different airports and shuttle/metro costs and different stores/banks/restaurants in the area.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whats up guys.. i think our class will be great......i can't wait (yeah no more useless undergrad).

see u all in the fall:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

No I have not received an email and I did send my deposit. The website is aimed at international students but it has info on prices on rent of the Towers and Ellington Apartments. It also has info on the distance from different airports and shuttle/metro costs and different stores/banks/restaurants in the area.

Do you know how far the Ellington Apartments are from campus? They look really nice, but I can't tell if its within walking distance or not.

Hey everyone...congrats on your acceptance! I'm looking forward meeting all of you in the fall. I was just wondering, how old is everyone?

Is anyone planning on working during school? I have heard several people say its not a big deal, but others have warned that it will be too much. I'm not sure what i'm gonna do yet. Any thoughts?

I'm 20. Gonna be 21 by end of summer.
Just finished four years of B.S. at UMD, and will be starting in fall too; received my ID and everything...except the orientation packet of course
I live w/ my parents in MD, but I wish to live close to campus. Will start shopping around in June and move July or Aug. I'm thinking about condos. Found quite a few of 2-4 bedrooms for reasonable prices (2 bd go for around $2000 and up, and 3 & 4 go for around $1550 and up; the 3bd I found for $1550 is kinda small and only has one small bathroom as I could deduce from the pics). I only want to room with other pharmacy students, if anyone is interested.

Don't want to drive (commute by metro) but I have a car if anyone wants to carpool.

Can't wait till fall!!!:)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone planning on working during school? I have heard several people say its not a big deal, but others have warned that it will be too much. I'm not sure what i'm gonna do yet. Any thoughts?

It's probably not a big deal but I'm going to go through first semester without work just to see what it's like. I feel the first semester will probably be critical for me. But I'm definitely working in Spring.

Ok so I looked at my financial aid award package and its definately not enough. Does anyone know how they determine the Health Professions Loan. I added my parents information on my fafsa two weeks ago and they updated my information on the website but the aid amount hasn't changed. How do you know if your eligible for this loan?

This link should help.

http://bhpr.hrsa.gov/DSA/sfag/health_professions/bk1prt1.htm

It has info about the Health Professions Loan and eligibility requirements. Since I can claim as independent I didn't put my parents info down but in order to obtain this loan you must put down your parents info regarless of how you can claim. I didn't even update FAFSA to put in my parents info because the scholarship is need based and I know with my parents info I wouldn't have a shot in hell of getting it :(

Hello!
How is everyone paying for school. So far I see the Health Professions Loan. What else?
Did anyone get an email address yet?

Hi..I'm new to this. I will be starting this fall and was wondering if anyone have any ideas for where to live?

Just got accepted into Howard as well as the Hampton and Midwestern, really like Midwestern but for me tuition is UNREALISTICALLY expensive... Hampton is completely out for me just because it's too close to home and of the probationary issues....

So with that being said anyone wanna loan me $600 to secure my seat LOL..

I'm 20. Gonna be 21 by end of summer.
Just finished four years of B.S. at UMD, and will be starting in fall too; received my ID and everything...except the orientation packet of course
I live w/ my parents in MD, but I wish to live close to campus. Will start shopping around in June and move July or Aug. I'm thinking about condos. Found quite a few of 2-4 bedrooms for reasonable prices (2 bd go for around $2000 and up, and 3 & 4 go for around $1550 and up; the 3bd I found for $1550 is kinda small and only has one small bathroom as I could deduce from the pics). I only want to room with other pharmacy students, if anyone is interested.

Don't want to drive (commute by metro) but I have a car if anyone wants to carpool.

Can't wait till fall!!!:)

I am definitely interested PM me!

I am planning on applying for a two bedroom apartment in the east towers---If anyone is looking for an apartment its going to be around $940 per person.

I am a 21 year old male

Does anyone know if Howard COP offers a duel PharmD/MBA program? When I had my interview way back in Jan, I remember the "student guide" mentioning something about a duel degree, but I dont remember what it was in.

hey i got an acceptance about two weeks ago but I have not received any info about financial aid awards. I checked on BisonWeb but nothing comes up. How long did it take to process? I filled out my fafsa a long time back.

hey does anyone have any information on the cost of attendance?

I have a packet with information on the PharmD/MBA program at howard..the program is 5 years and you would be talking MBA classes your 4th year instead of rotations..and your rotations would be done during the 5th year..

i believe that there are requirements and you must be selected after your second year in the PharmD but I will cross reference that as soon as possible..

I think Im going to take this route..

If anyone has anymore information please pass it along..

Last edited:
Hi...I am looking for a roommate to move into a 2 bedroom apartment with me in DC. Its about 5 min away from howard and its $1700 per month to share and parking is $30 per person if you have a car. Utilities are extra. Please pm if interested. Thank you.

I just received my acceptance, however, I have not submitted my FAFSA information yet. When is the orientation and is it too late to apply for financial aid?

Thanks

Does anyone know when orientation is? I thought we were supposed to be receiving a packet in the mail but I have not received anything.

I am considering applying to Howard University school of pharmacy. I have one more semester of undergraduate coursework at Georgia State University. What was everyone's GPA and PCAT scores when applying to Howard Pharm School?

Thanks

I am considering applying to Howard University school of pharmacy. I have one more semester of undergraduate coursework at Georgia State University. What was everyone's GPA and PCAT scores when applying to Howard Pharm School?

Thanks
hey I go to howard i went to gsu last yr gd luck with ur application

hello! i just got accepted into the 2014 class. i was wondering if you have any apartment recommendations in the NW area. i am moving from california so i don't no anything about the city! i am looking for a studio apartment in a safe area. any help would be greatly appreciated :) thanks!