Howard University COP Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where are you flying in from? I'm coming in from california. Have you heard anything on how the interviews are going this cycle?

Im actually from the DC metropolitan area so ill be driving. And no i havent heard anything about how the interviews have been going but i read that the math portion is like pcat math.for whatever reason, I wasnt expecting a call from them actually . But i am grateful i got one.

Members don't see this ad.

Im actually from the DC metropolitan area so ill be driving. And no i havent heard anything about how the interviews have been going but i read that the math portion is like pcat math.for whatever reason, I wasnt expecting a call from them actually . But i am grateful i got one.

Yeah same here. Grateful I got one too. I actually got an email while I was driving home and called them back as soon as I got home. I heard the same thing about the math quiz, but surprisingly Im not feeling too nervous bout the actual sit down interview. Looking forward to touring the school as well. Haven't been to the DC area since that infamous 8th grade trip almost everyone used to go on if you didnt live in DC area haha.

Yeah same here. Grateful I got one too. I actually got an email while I was driving home and called them back as soon as I got home. I heard the same thing about the math quiz, but surprisingly Im not feeling too nervous bout the actual sit down interview. Looking forward to touring the school as well. Haven't been to the DC area since that infamous 8th grade trip almost everyone used to go on if you didnt live in DC area haha.

Hahaha yea its funny see tourists. But yea im not stressing about the interview either.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was at work when I got the interview call. I had a brain attack at that moment. Well hoping for the best. Is there hotels near by the college or by the airport.Also how about the transportation??

I was at work when I got the interview call. I had a brain attack at that moment. Well hoping for the best. Is there hotels near by the college or by the airport.Also how about the transportation??

im staying at the hyatt by the airport. Probably take a taxi to the school and metro back. But not too sure on that part yet.

the metro bus/train or cab are your best bet for transport

For anyone who has an interview coming up, GOOD LUCK! I would just say be yourself and you will do fine. I thought I totally bombed the interview and the math test, but i got my acceptance letter on Friday so try not to worry about anything. I stayed at the holiday inn on rhode island ave, which is kind of a ways away from the airport but my dad and I got by just fine using the metro. It's a little tricky how to get the card to get on the metro, but just ask a local and they'll help you no problem. Good luck guys, i know you'll do great!

For anyone who has an interview coming up, GOOD LUCK! I would just say be yourself and you will do fine. I thought I totally bombed the interview and the math test, but i got my acceptance letter on Friday so try not to worry about anything. I stayed at the holiday inn on rhode island ave, which is kind of a ways away from the airport but my dad and I got by just fine using the metro. It's a little tricky how to get the card to get on the metro, but just ask a local and they'll help you no problem. Good luck guys, i know you'll do great!
How long after your interview did it take for you to hear back? Thanks for your advice as well.

How long after your interview did it take for you to hear back? Thanks for your advice as well.

If I rememvber right it took about 10 days to hear back, this was back in October though.

took exactly 10 days for them to mail my acceptance. interviewed 3/8

Reactions: 1 user
took exactly 10 days for them to mail my acceptance. interviewed 3/8

Congrats. I'm definitely looking for the same outcome as you. Looking forward to going to Howard in the Fall as well. How did your interview go? any last minute advice? I fly out of California Friday morning.

Congrats. I'm definitely looking for the same outcome as you. Looking forward to going to Howard in the Fall as well. How did your interview go? any last minute advice? I fly out of California Friday morning.
smile and be as friendly as possible to everyone. make a great first impression. i found it to be a very stress-less interview compared to my other interviews. definitely take a taxi there and back to your hotel. fyi call a taxi company to get you afterwards cause i literally had to walk 6 blocks in the hood to get a ride back. very sketch area. what part of cali are you from?

Members don't see this ad :)
smile and be as friendly as possible to everyone. make a great first impression. i found it to be a very stress-less interview compared to my other interviews. definitely take a taxi there and back to your hotel. fyi call a taxi company to get you afterwards cause i literally had to walk 6 blocks in the hood to get a ride back. very sketch area. what part of cali are you from?

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about taking metro back to the hotel but think I'll take your advice on getting a taxi haha. How was the math quiz? Nothing out of the ordinary right? I'm from the bay area, San Francisco to be exact. You?

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking about taking metro back to the hotel but think I'll take your advice on getting a taxi haha. How was the math quiz? Nothing out of the ordinary right? I'm from the bay area, San Francisco to be exact. You?
the math quiz should be the last of your worries. i'm from socal

so who's class of 2018? anyone figure out their living situation for the fall??

I AM!!!! are you going calikid1989?? As far as living situation goes, i honestly have no idea....i heard the farther you go away from DC, the cheaper it is but i don't think i'm going to be having my car while i'm out there since i'm from seattle and its going to be very expensive to send my car out there. What about you? Have any ideas on your living situation??

I AM!!!! are you going calikid1989?? As far as living situation goes, i honestly have no idea....i heard the farther you go away from DC, the cheaper it is but i don't think i'm going to be having my car while i'm out there since i'm from seattle and its going to be very expensive to send my car out there. What about you? Have any ideas on your living situation??
yeah i am. i'm trying to figure out the right place to live. if it's DC, it's either super expensive (downtown/georgetown) or it's sketch (like near the university). I'm shooting for either Alexandria, VA or Silver Springs/Greenbelt, MD. the housing for one bedrooms is almost as much as for 2 bedrooms so you have no choice but to get a roommate (or two). i'm most likely shipping my car which yeah isn't cheap but i'm just too used to having a car. what were you thinking about housing?

yeah i am. i'm trying to figure out the right place to live. if it's DC, it's either super expensive (downtown/georgetown) or it's sketch (like near the university). I'm shooting for either Alexandria, VA or Silver Springs/Greenbelt, MD. the housing for one bedrooms is almost as much as for 2 bedrooms so you have no choice but to get a roommate (or two). i'm most likely shipping my car which yeah isn't cheap but i'm just too used to having a car. what were you thinking about housing?

yeah, i'm running into the same thing too! I was looking at Alexandria or even Hyattsville..... i really want to get an apartment but we'll see. My parents suggested me living in the graduate dorms for a semester just to get a feel and then maybe i'll find a place but i really have no idea. If you see anything promising as far as apartments go, let me know! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping my parents let me take my car with me because i don't want to rely on the metro all the time...haha!

yeah, i'm running into the same thing too! I was looking at Alexandria or even Hyattsville..... i really want to get an apartment but we'll see. My parents suggested me living in the graduate dorms for a semester just to get a feel and then maybe i'll find a place but i really have no idea. If you see anything promising as far as apartments go, let me know! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping my parents let me take my car with me because i don't want to rely on the metro all the time...haha!
what's your budget ? Im going for places as close as possible with the required amenities im looking for.

Anybody get placed on the waitlist at all during the cycle?

Hey guysIs there any facebook group for the class of 2018? Also I was planning on staying on graduate dorm for a semester and see how things are. Any thoughts on it.

i think that group is for last years students.

Anyone been placed on the wait list?

Hi, I am a female looking for a roommate...if you need a roommate as well MESSAGE ME ! :banana:

Me and my friend are also looking for a roommate at heritage forest apt Va