Howard University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmBoy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got a letter today stating that my application was complete and that I would be contacted later, and oddly enough, this afternoon, someone calls me and now I'm scheduled for a march 27th interview. I live in Chicago, and don't know much about the DC area. Any help form locals, where to stay which airport to fly into(Reagan National?)? Since I'm from Chicago, my first choice is UIC (interview on the 29th) but it would be nice to have a back up plan. I also heard that their probationary status was lifted which makes them much more appealing than before. Anyone else get notified? Is it true that they're only accepting around 80 students this year? I was shocked to even hear from them. I thought maybe they closed down the program and just took my Pharmcas money:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, im near DC and would be going to Chicago on the 29th also. Well since i've been doing my search i've found that ATA is the cheapest airline flying out of or to Regan and yeah that's the closest airport followed by BWI (which is much more farther to DC 45mins max). i cant say of hotels in DC but if u can find one in Hyattsville (20782) or anywhere in NW DC. goodluck in ur search.

The BAn was lifeted for 2yrs and they are still under scrutiny by AACP, if still found not to meet requriements, it would be taken from them. but presently they are out of the hole but not fully out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, im near DC and would be going to Chicago on the 29th also. Well since i've been doing my search i've found that ATA is the cheapest airline flying out of or to Regan and yeah that's the closest airport followed by BWI (which is much more farther to DC 45mins max). i cant say of hotels in DC but if u can find one in Hyattsville (20782) or anywhere in NW DC. goodluck in ur search.

The BAn was lifeted for 2yrs and they are still under scrutiny by AACP, if still found not to meet requriements, it would be taken from them. but presently they are out of the hole but not fully out.

Haha, we're like polar opposites. Did you apply to any schools in your area? I was able to find a round trip ticket for $113 on Expedia. That sounds pretty cheap to me. I googled the airport and Howard and they're practically next door to each other. It doesn't seem like I'll spend too much going so it's worth the trip. Also, it's 2 days before the UIC interview, so at the very least it will be good practice. I guess if I get in anywhere it will be a blessing, but going to Howard would mean rejection from UIC so it doesn't have a nice ring to it. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Haha, we're like polar opposites. Did you apply to any schools in your area? I was able to find a round trip ticket for $113 on Expedia. That sounds pretty cheap to me. I googled the airport and Howard and they're practically next door to each other. It doesn't seem like I'll spend too much going so it's worth the trip. Also, it's 2 days before the UIC interview, so at the very least it will be good practice. I guess if I get in anywhere it will be a blessing, but going to Howard would mean rejection from UIC so it doesn't have a nice ring to it. Anyway, thanks for the info.

No, i didnt apply to any school in my area, the closest i applied to was Shanandoah and VCU, got rejected from shanandoah still to hear from VCU, and they are both back-ups. Chicago, is one i applied to as a lark but the gamble paid off. I'm waiting on Pitts, Buffalo, ST John fisher, LECOM-Erie and ETSU. Hopefuly Chicago will accept me. Goodluck at the interview.

which school in chicago are you invited? I will attend Midwestern -Chicago and now I live in Maryland.

I just got a letter today stating that my application was complete and that I would be contacted later, and oddly enough, this afternoon, someone calls me and now I'm scheduled for a march 27th interview. I live in Chicago, and don't know much about the DC area. Any help form locals, where to stay which airport to fly into(Reagan National?)? Since I'm from Chicago, my first choice is UIC (interview on the 29th) but it would be nice to have a back up plan. I also heard that their probationary status was lifted which makes them much more appealing than before. Anyone else get notified? Is it true that they're only accepting around 80 students this year? I was shocked to even hear from them. I thought maybe they closed down the program and just took my Pharmcas money:laugh:

I can tell you that you can get to Howard U through the metro if you decide to stay near Hyattsville or something.

Does anyone know how many students they are interviewing in the second batch and if they've accepted anyone thus far? I interviewed there in January.

Thanks

hey

please share you stats..pcat score and gpa..if u got accepted to howard pharmacy school

any other info for competitive applicant would be appreciated.

thanks

I have an interview on tuesday (13th) is anyone joining me?

I have the same questions. I interviewed in January as well and I still have not heard a thing.

Does anyone know how many students they are interviewing in the second batch and if they've accepted anyone thus far? I interviewed there in January.

Thanks

Cherryblo,

Have you been waiting to get accepted into Howard since last August? Did you apply for early decision? Are they interviewing you twice?

Thanks

Rebecatfl

i hvae an interview on the 27th.. neone going to be there.. for those that went.. howd it go? any advice??

Actually, That was for the 2006 class. i was on the wait list for two months and they never did call anyone off of it. I applied again but not for early decision....I wonder how they have this interview set up...last year it was a complete disaster.

i got a call last week about an interview with timings on either tuesday or wednesday...i'll be there this wednesday...has anyone interviewed there before as it mentioned 2 brief quizzes and how was the interview like...would appreciate any help:)

Im flying to DC from LA for the March 28 interview. I'm really nervous as this is my first. Ditto on Jojo. any help pls?

pcat:95
gpa: 3.2
bs in integrative biology from uc berkeley

I had the interview march 13th and my advice is just relax, and be ready for complete disorganization. Don't worry about the math quiz or essay, both easy. We had a tour and interview with faculty members. Anymore questions, ask. Good luck! Oooh, if you're driving - come early to find parking!!!

Thanks for the quick response. Ive been looking over the howard interview feedback and it seems like none of the applicants found any of the questions too difficult. Did they ask any questions where you had to stop for a moment and really think hard and give those great polished answers or is the interview just very conversational?

i have the same interview and i'll be flying from chicago monday afternoon. let me know if you need help.

I felt that my interviewer was rude. He didn't want to be there - he rushed the interview and tried to knock out the interviews in 15mins each person. He questioned everything I said as if I was lying - it was not a pleasant experience. They have a packet of questions they asked with basic questions, be prepared to back up your answers.