Howard University missing prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

triton2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howard has sent me a letter explaining that I'm missing some prereqs. I was surprised and went to their prereq page to check for the 20th time. I had all of the prereqs they said I was missing. Is this just a clerical error or what's going on?":confused::eek::confused::eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Howard has sent me a letter explaining that I'm missing some prereqs. I was surprised and went to their prereq page to check for the 20th time. I had all of the prereqs they said I was missing. Is this just a clerical error or what's going on?":confused::eek::confused::eek:

You should call the admissions office to clarify everything for you....good luck.:thumbup:

Same thing happened to me two times with Howard. I would contact them asap to clear it up. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same thing happened to me two times with Howard. I would contact them asap to clear it up. Good luck!

Were the courses needed for Howard pre-reqs check-marked (within the brackets '[]') in the letter? Or just listed?

Were the courses needed for Howard pre-reqs check-marked (within the brackets '[]') in the letter? Or just listed?
The courses were check-marked within the brackets and the courses were circled as well. In addition, a pre-req that I do need to complete before admission was not listed.

The courses were check-marked within the brackets and the courses were circled as well. In addition, a pre-req that I do need to complete before admission was not listed.

To OP, as mentioned before, contact the admission officer in the letter ASAP.

Just to let you know, those people who will answer the phone when you call Howard are not the best people to deal with. They get pissed to recieve a phone call, so be prepared for anything. :confused:

I've called numerous times, but it's either an answering machine or the lady Keri tells me she'll call me back and she never does. I've sent emails instead and just waiting on a response.

I've called numerous times, but it's either an answering machine or the lady Keri tells me she'll call me back and she never does. I've sent emails instead and just waiting on a response.

Did you try calling the phone number on the bottom of the letter they sent you? (this might be a dumb question) However, today I called the number on the bottom of the letter, they put me right through and I believe I spoke directly to Marlon Prince, he was VERY nice, fixed the problem immediately, informally told me I'd be called for an interview, and called me back about 15 minutes later to officially invite me for an interview. That was at about 11:30 this morning, maybe you want to try to call at that time a day? You may get a better response. Just a suggestion.

Did you try calling the phone number on the bottom of the letter they sent you? (this might be a dumb question) However, today I called the number on the bottom of the letter, they put me right through and I believe I spoke directly to Marlon Prince, he was VERY nice, fixed the problem immediately, informally told me I'd be called for an interview, and called me back about 15 minutes later to officially invite me for an interview. That was at about 11:30 this morning, maybe you want to try to call at that time a day? You may get a better response. Just a suggestion.

Congrats...when did you submit on your application? And, good luck on your upcoming interview...:thumbup:

Yes the number on the letter is the one I used. Apparently, some of the staff are not doing their jobs. Ill try to get in touch with marlon prince. congrats on your interview

Thanks! I submitted the app in september, but I took both the August and October PCATs, so maybe they were waiting on the October scores or something like that. My interview is on January 15th, I kind of wish it was sooner, but hey, I'll take it!

Hey, I'll be there on the 15th too! :)

Thanks! I submitted the app in september, but I took both the August and October PCATs, so maybe they were waiting on the October scores or something like that. My interview is on January 15th, I kind of wish it was sooner, but hey, I'll take it!

Hey, I'll be there on the 15th too! :)

I just received my interview for the 15th too. The thing is I havent even submitted my Supp. Have you submitted the Supp yet? (it says on the app that the supp is due 1/1)

I just received my interview for the 15th too. The thing is I havent even submitted my Supp. Have you submitted the Supp yet? (it says on the app that the supp is due 1/1)

Congrats, I guess you clarified the missing pre-reqs...

oh wow I was under the impression that the supplement was due on the day of the interview, and we brought it with us along with the fee and the supporting documents. I guess I'm going to have to call and ask. So no I haven't submitted it yet, but thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone know the last day of interviews for fall 2011 admission???