-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Howard University
Started by kay
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
kay said:Is anyone here going to Howard this fall?
I'd check the "Class of 2007/2008" thread. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
me me me!!!!
I'm totally excited.
Anyone have any ideas on housing options- I'm moving from the South
I'm totally excited.
Anyone have any ideas on housing options- I'm moving from the South
afrikankoffee said:me me me!!!!
I'm totally excited.
Anyone have any ideas on housing options- I'm moving from the South
I'm also moving from the south. Although I considering the merits of staying offcampus, I will probably be staying at the Towers East too. It took about a week for me to get the housing application.
Also on a side note, you may want to call the housing office if you intend to have a car in DC. I think they are having a lottery for parking spaces on thursday and your name must be submitted in order for you to have a parking space.
Is anyone here having trobule receiving info from the office. It seems I am not getting all the emails they are sending. And, I feel really bad disturbing the folks in the office?
BTW, do y'all know when you will be moving to DC?
kay said:I'm also moving from the south. Although I considering the merits of staying offcampus, I will probably be staying at the Towers East too. It took about a week for me to get the housing application.
Also on a side note, you may want to call the housing office if you intend to have a car in DC. I think they are having a lottery for parking spaces on thursday and your name must be submitted in order for you to have a parking space.
Is anyone here having trobule receiving info from the office. It seems I am not getting all the emails they are sending. And, I feel really bad disturbing the folks in the office?
BTW, do y'all know when you will be moving to DC?
aww crap!
It's technically Thursday already and I was planning to have a car there; it seems communication between the school and students is not going too smoothly! Thanks for that info, Im going to have to call them first thing in the morning.
I requested my packet to be sent for accomodation yesterday so hopefully I still get a space- also only considering Towers East. I'm hoping I don't have to get a meal plan and that there'll be kitchens.
I most likely won't be moving until just before/when the housing opens i.e. 2nd week of august
afrikankoffee said:aww crap!
It's technically Thursday already and I was planning to have a car there; it seems communication between the school and students is not going too smoothly! Thanks for that info, Im going to have to call them first thing in the morning.
I requested my packet to be sent for accomodation yesterday so hopefully I still get a space- also only considering Towers East. I'm hoping I don't have to get a meal plan and that there'll be kitchens.
I most likely won't be moving until just before/when the housing opens i.e. 2nd week of august
So, how did the parking lottery go? Have you heard from them yet?
BTW, has anyone heard anything from Howard yet? They said something about sending a letter in June so, I was just wondering.......And this is going to sound really wierd but, how much is the tuition for the up-coming year?
As of now, I am trying to take the required immunization shots and get my medical history stuff together. I'm not looking forward to the physical exam at all.......
kay said:So, how did the parking lottery go? Have you heard from them yet?
BTW, has anyone heard anything from Howard yet? They said something about sending a letter in June so, I was just wondering.......And this is going to sound really wierd but, how much is the tuition for the up-coming year?
As of now, I am trying to take the required immunization shots and get my medical history stuff together. I'm not looking forward to the physical exam at all.......
When I called the school, they told me the lottery was already over. I don't really hear anything from them, I have to keep on calling and requesting info.
This website has a table for tuition from 2003 for the different pharm schools, Howard is about $15k.
http://www.aacp.org/site/page.asp?TRACKID=&VID=1&CID=376&DID=3612
I would have thought by now we would all have had packets including official enrollment info etc. That's why so many people are screwed up housing and parking wise. I only just received my housing info and called yesterday to find out that there was waiting list for grad student housing.
I just came in from my first round of physical tests as well; I still have titres and immunizations left. Well, good luck!
I know, I recently heard about the waiting list and I heard the chances of getting a room where very slim, so a faculty member told me to look up apartment rentals in the DC area and surrounding cities on www.rent.com, so check it out
pnoty_4 said:I know, I recently heard about the waiting list and I heard the chances of getting a room where very slim, so a faculty member told me to look up apartment rentals in the DC area and surrounding cities on www.rent.com, so check it out
That's awesome pnoty, thanks! If any of you are females who might be interested in getting a roommate for an apartment, please let me know!
With a name like PNOTY ..you must be a Kappa !!
Funny thing is that I have been talking to someone at the housing office like twice a week and noone ever mentioned a waitlist. Anyway, I called on friday and they said we should know if we will get a room by July 4th. They will also have the # of people on the waitlist..........and the possibilty of getting a room off the waitlist
afrikankoffee said:That's awesome pnoty, thanks! If any of you are females who might be interested in getting a roommate for an apartment, please let me know!
I'm interested........that's if I don't get assigned a room (still crossing my finger). I'm a female.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pnoty_4 said:Has anyone heard from Financial Aid?, how do they expect for me to pay for me somewhere to stay if they don't update me on financial aid info.
nope. When did you turn in your fafsa?
Anyone heard anything from the Office? If don't hear anything, I may call them on friday.......not looking forward to it though.
Hey Guys
hehe pnoty- thats cool.
kay-ignore my tuition estimation. On the pharm school website, it now lists the tuition/fees per semester- total this first year is about 18K- remember the 2K for the laptop.
Also, I used www.roommates.com to find housing. I don't think I'd even stay on campus now- i got a great deal to share a 2bed/1bath for less than 500$/month with all utilities paid but we'll see.
P.S. wouldnt we have to move out of on campus housing for every major holiday eg xmas.
i had qns about the medical exam and a med asst from my schl called them and then complained to me about how rude they were. 🙁
hehe pnoty- thats cool.
kay-ignore my tuition estimation. On the pharm school website, it now lists the tuition/fees per semester- total this first year is about 18K- remember the 2K for the laptop.
Also, I used www.roommates.com to find housing. I don't think I'd even stay on campus now- i got a great deal to share a 2bed/1bath for less than 500$/month with all utilities paid but we'll see.
P.S. wouldnt we have to move out of on campus housing for every major holiday eg xmas.
i had qns about the medical exam and a med asst from my schl called them and then complained to me about how rude they were. 🙁
Whats up nupe, I am a Kappa also..just a little older than you. I pledged in 92 at the ZX chapter at USF in Tampa. Glad to see that more blacks and minorities are getting involved in the field of medicine and other sciences
afrikankoffee said:Hey Guys
P.S. wouldnt we have to move out of on campus housing for every major holiday eg xmas.
i had qns about the medical exam and a med asst from my schl called them and then complained to me about how rude they were. 🙁
I don't think we'd have to move out during the holidays. Remember that the rooms are apartment-style and you have to sign a 10month/12month lease. So, my guess is that the apartments (for Prof/grads) will always be open...........at least for the Towers East.
As for the folks at the office, I choose to think that maybe the sheer volume of calls regarding the same/similar question............or the fact that they might be having a bad day is the reason they come off a bit abrupt on the phone. They were so nice and approachable during the interview.........doesn't really add up
Hello all, I called yesterday and Ms. Sharon Paine was very receptive to me. She catored to all my questions and even share in some laughs with me. We spent a good half hour on the phone with her and others in her office looking up appartments and roommates for me. Like somebody mentioned, they may have had a rough day to have been as unwelcoming. I guess i'm fortunate bcs out of the three times i've called they've always been nice.
Oh yeah, im still looking for a place to stay. I will be going to DC on thurs to look at some apts. Is anyone out there looking for a male roomate? Have u guys tried the web site set up by the 2007 class for us?
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/howardmed2008
Oh yeah, im still looking for a place to stay. I will be going to DC on thurs to look at some apts. Is anyone out there looking for a male roomate? Have u guys tried the web site set up by the 2007 class for us?
http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/howardmed2008
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K