Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherryblo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone out there is still waiting for Howard University or if anyone has heard any news from them?

I am currently still on the wait list. I know 3 people who have declined admission, last month, but when I call they tell me that they haven't done anything about the wait list (The wait list isn't numbered and they haven't called anyone).

There are 3 more weeks until school starts and I wonder if they are ever going to get their act together. From what I've been told they still don't know the class size...shouldn't the class size already be determined and when someone declines admission then they bump someone off the wait list? What is going on here?? I'm very dissapointed :(

Members don't see this ad.

cherryblo said:
I wanted to know if anyone out there is still waiting for Howard University or if anyone has heard any news from them?

I am currently still on the wait list. I know 3 people who have declined admission, last month, but when I call they tell me that they haven't done anything about the wait list (The wait list isn't numbered and they haven't called anyone).

There are 3 more weeks until school starts and I wonder if they are ever going to get their act together. From what I've been told they still don't know the class size...shouldn't the class size already be determined and when someone declines admission then they bump someone off the wait list? What is going on here?? I'm very dissapointed :(

They are a mess...especially since they are on probation. Going to pharmacy school is everyone's dream, but I wouldn't risk not getting a good education even if I got accepted to Howard. That's just my opinion

Hey Cherryblo,

All I can say is hang in there if this is your only option at this point. I don't know what else to tell you if you have already called and they have said that they have not done anything with the waiting list yet. I declined their acceptance about 2 months ago and I am still receiving financial aid information and other correspondence as if I am still attending :mad: . I hope that they are not still holding a spot for me because I even wrote them a letter stating that I would NOT be attending. I found them to be VERY disorganized but again if this is the path that you must take to pursue your dream then keep calling and hang in there!

I hope that things work out for you!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
JackFruitLover said:
Hey!

I applied to Howard and got accepted, but still keeping my spot just in case.
What were your stats Jack. I don't know seems like it is easy getting into their school of Pharmacy. What do you think? I live like 40 mins away from the school and will apply.

I don't think it is easy to get into Howard. At least, I'm not sure what they are looking for.

When I went to an admissions presentation, they said that you needed a 70th percentile PCAT to be competitive. However, if you had a really high GPA, you might be able to get away with a 40th percentile. If you had a 2.5 GPA, you needed at least a 90th percentile. And, in both cases, you would have to do some explaining.

I had a 99th percentile PCAT score (thanks to the English sections, but my lowest section - biology was at the 85th percentile) and a good GPA (around 3.5), and since I live in the DC suburbs, I assumed I would go to Howard. However, it was the ONLY school that did not at least interview me. I had interviews at Maryland, VCU, and Shenandoah, and I will go to VCU in the fall.

If you have other options, I would spare yourself the aggravation of dealing with them.

According to PharmCas and the ACPE, Howard only has probationary accredidation for the upcoming school year. I've heard some rumors from pharmacists, but won't repeat them...but they did hint at the lack of organization at the school.