Howard University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mimsJustin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody besides me, myself and I going to howard?

Members don't see this ad.

I'll be joining u guys as well :) . Has anyone started looking into housing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be attending HU in the Fall as well. Congrats to everyone on their acceptance:D I have began to look for housing already. Check out Craigslist.com, this website is very helpful.

whats the parking situation at the school?

I hope I get into the towers :confused: ...o the convenience...could i get pointers to navigate craigslist.com?

Me too! Have you guys/gals completed the Medical records? Financial aid applications?

When you go to Craigslist.com look on the right hand side where it lists US States, Click on DC. The middle column is Housing- Click in apt/housing. The listings for DC will include DC proper as well as the surrounding areas, such as MD and VA. Many students live in Hyattsville, Silver Spring, Tacoma Park just to name a few, which are all in MD, but a hop, skip, and a jump from DC.There will be a ton of listings however, you can narrow your search by $$$. At the top of the page you can type in the min and max amount and # of bedrooms you are looking for. I hope this helps:)

Craigslist Help
Thanks Nsize ors...

Thanks for reminding me patdmd.....going to deal with the medical records right now... :)

I'm going to Howard this fall as well! Has anyone received anything from Howard since you accepted their offer?

After acceptance, I received that big packet stating congrats, etc. It also included medical paperwork and I think housing info but I had kept my interview packet with housing info. I haven't received anything else but I suggest giving them a call to help you decide the next move.

I have a similar question...after they have given you their acceptance packet..with the acceptance letter, medical forms, etc. have they given you anything else??

Also, we just had to pay our first deposit of $400, there wasnt a second deposit right??

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a similar question...after they have given you their acceptance packet..with the acceptance letter, medical forms, etc. have they given you anything else??

Also, we just had to pay our first deposit of $400, there wasnt a second deposit right??

Thanks!
I don't think there's a second deposit...hmm...I hope not. After I got the acceptance packet I went ahead and called the Howard Plaza Towers and asked them to send me a housing app. since on-campus housing is first come first serve.

Ok cool, well if none of us have received any further paperwork, I think we're safe. I called to make sure that they received my acceptance...and I asked if there's any more paperwork we should get. Mrs. Washington told me that there's nothing else to be done, and we should get some more info in the mail in July sometime...

Wohooo!!! DDS baby! I am attending HUCD Fall 07. Anyone looking for a roommate? Im thinking of buying a house somewhere outside of DC.

Wohooo!!! DDS baby! I am attending HUCD Fall 07. Anyone looking for a roommate? Im thinking of buying a house somewhere outside of DC.

Hey I may be looking for a roomate...let me know if you find anything!

would anyone like to start a facebook group for class of 2011?

going to howard is like winning the special olympics... it's cool that you won, but you're still ******ed!

Stop hating on Howard, it serves a purpose that other schools can't.

I was accepted at Howard too. :) As far as housing goes, I've been looking for apartments on rent.com, craigslist.org, and apartmentfinder.com. It seems like anything in DC is really expensive, but I have found some great and relatively cheap places in MD and VA.

Has anyone been able to find any information on the NBDE part 1 or 2 pass rates for the school. I called the admissions office and was told that they don't have that kind of information. I'm not hating on the school, I just want to know what I'm in for at Howard.

Hey guys!! The HUCD class of 2011 page in facebook is SOOOO crowded :D Join In!!!!:laugh:
Meet and greet ur classmates.

Hey guys!! The HUCD class of 2011 page in facebook is SOOOO crowded :D Join In!!!!:laugh:
Meet and greet ur classmates.

I didnt know that someone started a Facebook group for our class. I must join :)

Ok...what is relatively cheap housing? I hate shopping around :( . Well I need to get a job after graduation anyway. Where is the rest of the class?...the roommate situation is definitely cheaper than a one bedroom or something like that. O well...

hi -

i'm offering housing in dc that's 3 metro stops from howard university. i've posted an ad on craigslist, which you can find here:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/sub/318120268.html

i can also tell you a bit about the district and answer any questions to help you get your bearings down.

if interested, please do contact me.

thanks!

I'm gonna be starting at Howard this August as well. Any one have any ideas or suggestions on housing? I have no idea where to even start looking. Having roommates would definitely be cheaper from what I can tell by looking at places online.

Im looking into housing in MD because it is much cheaper. So far, im leaning towards Silver Spring area, it seems pretty decent with relatively cheap housing.

wow seem to be a lot of ppl goin to howard dental. I'm gonna be goin there for pharmacy this fall, and as of yet, it's only 2 ppl on the pre-pharm forum. Anyway I thought I should say hello to fellow schoolmates...excited for this fall..:D

hi, i will be joining to Howard this fall as well. i just started to look for an apartment. Is anybody looking for a roommate? does anyone know where i should look for? Does school have a shuttle? If they do, where can you suggest a place to live? Thanks. I look forward to seeing you this fall.

I got accepted to Howard too, but I have no idea where I'm going to live. Help!!! Is it too late for on campus housing. I was waiting for an application or something in the mail, I hope I'm not too late. Have any of you guys heard from the financial aid office? I want to know if I'll even be able to afford it.

Another thing....the financial aid office told me they won't start downloading the FAFSA's until maybe the first week of school...so you should make sure you have your first months rent covered and some living expenses.

Looking for a female room mate in DC

What kind of stats (gpa DAT scores) did you guys have to get accepted? I think I might apply to Howard for 2012 class.

any caucasian Americans going to howard this fall?
Thanks

Hey guys don't forget there's a facebook group for HUCD 201:D.

Hey guys. I was waitlisted at UMDNJ, and just found out I've been accepted. Good luck at Howard.

Seriously thinking about applying Howard! Only one prob, some of my precourses were not took in 4yrs college, the admission page said those courses has to be taken in 4yrs college...
If i apply anyway, will i be eliminated immediately?
Thank you all very much!!

congrats to all of you guys!

question: how hard is it to get into howard?

Seriously thinking about applying Howard! Only one prob, some of my precourses were not took in 4yrs college, the admission page said those courses has to be taken in 4yrs college...
If i apply anyway, will i be eliminated immediately?
Thank you all very much!!
Howard actually wants people like you.

Is anyone looking for room mates in Arlington, VA?