SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Howard University

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by mimsJustin, Mar 28, 2007.

1. mimsJustin

mimsJustin

Feb 9, 2007
    Anybody besides me, myself and I going to howard?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. streethoney

streethoney

Mar 15, 2007
    i am going!!!
    woohoo 2011

4. triple b

triple b 2+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I'll be joining u guys as well :) . Has anyone started looking into housing?

5. Nsize Ors

Nsize Ors 2+ Year Member

Apr 2, 2007
    I will be attending HU in the Fall as well. Congrats to everyone on their acceptance:D I have began to look for housing already. Check out Craigslist.com, this website is very helpful.

6. mimsJustin

mimsJustin

Feb 9, 2007
    whats the parking situation at the school?

7. triple b

triple b 2+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I hope I get into the towers :confused: ...o the convenience...could i get pointers to navigate craigslist.com?

8. patdmd2007

patdmd2007 Junior Member 2+ Year Member

May 7, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Me too! Have you guys/gals completed the Medical records? Financial aid applications?

9. Nsize Ors

Nsize Ors 2+ Year Member

Apr 2, 2007
    When you go to Craigslist.com look on the right hand side where it lists US States, Click on DC. The middle column is Housing- Click in apt/housing. The listings for DC will include DC proper as well as the surrounding areas, such as MD and VA. Many students live in Hyattsville, Silver Spring, Tacoma Park just to name a few, which are all in MD, but a hop, skip, and a jump from DC.There will be a ton of listings however, you can narrow your search by $$$. At the top of the page you can type in the min and max amount and # of bedrooms you are looking for. I hope this helps:)

10. triple b

triple b 2+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Craigslist Help
    Thanks Nsize ors...

11. triple b

triple b 2+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Thanks for reminding me patdmd.....going to deal with the medical records right now... :)

12. Dentiste2011

Dentiste2011

Apr 4, 2007
    I'm going to Howard this fall as well! Has anyone received anything from Howard since you accepted their offer?

13. triple b

triple b 2+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2007
    After acceptance, I received that big packet stating congrats, etc. It also included medical paperwork and I think housing info but I had kept my interview packet with housing info. I haven't received anything else but I suggest giving them a call to help you decide the next move.

14. BUSDDS

BUSDDS

Dec 19, 2006
    I have a similar question...after they have given you their acceptance packet..with the acceptance letter, medical forms, etc. have they given you anything else??

Also, we just had to pay our first deposit of $400, there wasnt a second deposit right??

Thanks!

15. triple b

triple b 2+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I don't think there's a second deposit...hmm...I hope not. After I got the acceptance packet I went ahead and called the Howard Plaza Towers and asked them to send me a housing app. since on-campus housing is first come first serve.

16. Dentiste2011

Dentiste2011

Apr 4, 2007
    Ok cool, well if none of us have received any further paperwork, I think we're safe. I called to make sure that they received my acceptance...and I asked if there's any more paperwork we should get. Mrs. Washington told me that there's nothing else to be done, and we should get some more info in the mail in July sometime...

17. var310

var310

Apr 6, 2007
    Wohooo!!! DDS baby! I am attending HUCD Fall 07. Anyone looking for a roommate? Im thinking of buying a house somewhere outside of DC.

18. pre-dentalguy

pre-dentalguy Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 7, 2006
    GA
    I just had a pre-interview at Howard and I was told that I'm golden this cycle. Good luck to you guys.

19. Nsize Ors

Nsize Ors 2+ Year Member

Apr 2, 2007
    WHO DID YOU INTERVIEW WITH?

20. Dentiste2011

Dentiste2011

Apr 4, 2007
    Hey I may be looking for a roomate...let me know if you find anything!

21. mimsJustin

mimsJustin

Feb 9, 2007
    would anyone like to start a facebook group for class of 2011?

22. prplmnkydshwshr

prplmnkydshwshr Banned Banned

Apr 13, 2007
    going to howard is like winning the special olympics... it's cool that you won, but you're still retarded!

23. prplmnkydshwshr

prplmnkydshwshr Banned Banned

Apr 13, 2007
    of course you're golden, you have sh1tty grade but you're black! :thumbup::thumbup:

24. Drill2Fill

Drill2Fill DentalStudentWannabe 5+ Year Member

Mar 20, 2006
    Tejas
    Stop hating on Howard, it serves a purpose that other schools can't.

25. DenverGirl

DenverGirl

Apr 17, 2007
    I was accepted at Howard too. :) As far as housing goes, I've been looking for apartments on rent.com, craigslist.org, and apartmentfinder.com. It seems like anything in DC is really expensive, but I have found some great and relatively cheap places in MD and VA.

Has anyone been able to find any information on the NBDE part 1 or 2 pass rates for the school. I called the admissions office and was told that they don't have that kind of information. I'm not hating on the school, I just want to know what I'm in for at Howard.

26. triple b

triple b 2+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Hey guys!! The HUCD class of 2011 page in facebook is SOOOO crowded :D Join In!!!!:laugh:
    Meet and greet ur classmates.

27. Nsize Ors

Nsize Ors 2+ Year Member

Apr 2, 2007
    I didnt know that someone started a Facebook group for our class. I must join :)

28. captaingrapes

captaingrapes 7+ Year Member

Mar 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    Yeah I did it and never told anyone about it, my fault :D

29. triple b

triple b 2+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Ok...what is relatively cheap housing? I hate shopping around :( . Well I need to get a job after graduation anyway. Where is the rest of the class?...the roommate situation is definitely cheaper than a one bedroom or something like that. O well...

30. peaceyall

peaceyall

Apr 29, 2007
    hi -

i'm offering housing in dc that's 3 metro stops from howard university. i've posted an ad on craigslist, which you can find here:
    http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/sub/318120268.html

i can also tell you a bit about the district and answer any questions to help you get your bearings down.

if interested, please do contact me.

thanks!

31. Hayes

Hayes

Apr 30, 2007
    I'm gonna be starting at Howard this August as well. Any one have any ideas or suggestions on housing? I have no idea where to even start looking. Having roommates would definitely be cheaper from what I can tell by looking at places online.

32. captaingrapes

captaingrapes 7+ Year Member

Mar 5, 2007
    New Jersey
    Im looking into housing in MD because it is much cheaper. So far, im leaning towards Silver Spring area, it seems pretty decent with relatively cheap housing.

33. litldime

litldime D2 Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Texas
    hey quick question, does howard take cc credits on prereqs? yes/no...
    thanks!

34. RX CARE

RX CARE Eye Have You!! 10+ Year Member

Nov 3, 2006
    wow seem to be a lot of ppl goin to howard dental. I'm gonna be goin there for pharmacy this fall, and as of yet, it's only 2 ppl on the pre-pharm forum. Anyway I thought I should say hello to fellow schoolmates...excited for this fall..:D

35. callmejimmy

callmejimmy 2+ Year Member

Oct 5, 2006
    hi, i will be joining to Howard this fall as well. i just started to look for an apartment. Is anybody looking for a roommate? does anyone know where i should look for? Does school have a shuttle? If they do, where can you suggest a place to live? Thanks. I look forward to seeing you this fall.

36. Dr.Dientes

Dr.Dientes Junior Member 2+ Year Member

May 9, 2006
    New Jersey
    I got accepted to Howard too, but I have no idea where I'm going to live. Help!!! Is it too late for on campus housing. I was waiting for an application or something in the mail, I hope I'm not too late. Have any of you guys heard from the financial aid office? I want to know if I'll even be able to afford it.

37. triple b

triple b 2+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Another thing....the financial aid office told me they won't start downloading the FAFSA's until maybe the first week of school...so you should make sure you have your first months rent covered and some living expenses.

38. HUDentist

HUDentist

Jun 30, 2007
    Looking for a female room mate in DC

39. thanotoriousfob

thanotoriousfob 7+ Year Member

Apr 3, 2007
    What kind of stats (gpa DAT scores) did you guys have to get accepted? I think I might apply to Howard for 2012 class.

40. sacjumpman

sacjumpman 2+ Year Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Sure don't :rolleyes: Kinda odd to me....

41. dantheman2007

dantheman2007 2+ Year Member

Jan 11, 2007
    any caucasian Americans going to howard this fall?
    Thanks

42. triple b

triple b 2+ Year Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Hey guys don't forget there's a facebook group for HUCD 2011:D.

43. Dr.Dientes

Dr.Dientes Junior Member 2+ Year Member

May 9, 2006
    New Jersey
    Hey guys. I was waitlisted at UMDNJ, and just found out I've been accepted. Good luck at Howard.

44. fifi1314

fifi1314 fifi1314 7+ Year Member

Seriously thinking about applying Howard! Only one prob, some of my precourses were not took in 4yrs college, the admission page said those courses has to be taken in 4yrs college...
    If i apply anyway, will i be eliminated immediately?
    Thank you all very much!!

45. thn220

thn220

Jul 24, 2007
    congrats to all of you guys!

question: how hard is it to get into howard?

46. arsenewenger

arsenewenger 2+ Year Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Washington

Really really hard.Just as hard as harvard...in the opposite direction.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

47. arsenewenger

arsenewenger 2+ Year Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Washington
    Howard actually wants people like you.

48. punjabi00

punjabi00

Jul 10, 2007
    Is anyone looking for room mates in Arlington, VA?