Howard vs. LECOM vs. MWU IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tooth-hurty

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was blessed to be accepted to three schools and as you know I have a month to place my deposit. I know most people consider the cost to be the number one thing to consider and being that Howard is close to home (45 min drive) and I can just live with my parents will save me a ton on rent. However, Howard's clinical portion is not as great vs other dental programs. Speaking with some students they have to fight for chairs just to seat a patient and facilities are not updated vs other schools.
LECOM will be the second choice but this results in me traveling and being away from my family. Their clinical program is great too!
MWU IL will be the most expensive, but their clinical program is phenomenal! But graduating 500K in debt is kinda steep.
If you were in my shoes would you just go to the cheapest school regardless, cause as they say your real experience will begin after graduation!

Members don't see this ad.

So I was blessed to be accepted to three schools and as you know I have a month to place my deposit. I know most people consider the cost to be the number one thing to consider and being that Howard is close to home (45 min drive) and I can just live with my parents will save me a ton on rent. However, Howard's clinical portion is not as great vs other dental programs. Speaking with some students they have to fight for chairs just to seat a patient and facilities are not updated vs other schools.
LECOM will be the second choice but this results in me traveling and being away from my family. Their clinical program is great too!
MWU IL will be the most expensive, but their clinical program is phenomenal! But graduating 500K in debt is kinda steep.
If you were in my shoes would you just go to the cheapest school regardless, cause as they say your real experience will begin after graduation!
Following this. Im currently trying to choose between Midwestern Illinois and LECOM

How do you feel about the locations of these three schools, where did you feel you were welcomed?
I think this is an important factor to consider as well.

I interviewed at LECOM and I believe their clinical aspect of their curriculum is strong as well. It all goes dow to whether you will be okay being away from your family. Especially if you were not away for undergrad. LECOM's clinical director also taught at UF for 10 years so he is bringing knowledge from UF's clinical portion, too. I think you should start thinking WHERE is the most ideal for you to study dentistry and set aside tuition for the moment.

Members don't see this ad :)