• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Site Updates Coming Soon

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Howard vs. PCOM for pharmacy school

enzymeG

Dec 8, 2012
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
Hey guys! I recently got accepted to both Howard University and PCOM in Georgia for pharmacy school. They each has some pros and cons...Howard has lost their accreditation before, and PCOM has not yet been accredited (because it's a new school). Any opinions that may help my decision are welcome!
P.s. I need to reply to Howard by this Fri and the deposit is $1000...so I would appreciate sooner replies. Thanks!

Upvote 0

KKHeal

Pharmacist pursuing an MBA
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2003
East Coast, U.S.A
  1. Pharmacist
I would check the costs of each. Any one of them would give you a PharmD. I'm unsure if you can get licensed assuming PCOM does not get accreditation by your graduation ttime..any guarantees? If not, you will still do fine in life with howard. It depends on you.

Upvote 0
About the Ads

enzymeG

Dec 8, 2012
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I would check the costs of each. Any one of them would give you a PharmD. I'm unsure if you can get licensed assuming PCOM does not get accreditation by your graduation ttime..any guarantees? If not, you will still do fine in life with howard. It depends on you.

The cost is similar for both schools since I'm not a residence at either states. PCOM says their first class is graduating 2014, so hopefully they can get accredited then...but does anyone know the odds of being denied accredition?

Upvote 0
About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.