Dec 8, 2012
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hey guys! I recently got accepted to both Howard University and PCOM in Georgia for pharmacy school. They each has some pros and cons...Howard has lost their accreditation before, and PCOM has not yet been accredited (because it's a new school). Any opinions that may help my decision are welcome!
P.s. I need to reply to Howard by this Fri and the deposit is $1000...so I would appreciate sooner replies. Thanks!

Unchained

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
Run like hell from Howard

KKHeal

Pharmacist pursuing an MBA
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2003
East Coast, U.S.A
Status
Pharmacist
I would check the costs of each. Any one of them would give you a PharmD. I'm unsure if you can get licensed assuming PCOM does not get accreditation by your graduation ttime..any guarantees? If not, you will still do fine in life with howard. It depends on you.

OP
E
Dec 8, 2012
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I would check the costs of each. Any one of them would give you a PharmD. I'm unsure if you can get licensed assuming PCOM does not get accreditation by your graduation ttime..any guarantees? If not, you will still do fine in life with howard. It depends on you.
The cost is similar for both schools since I'm not a residence at either states. PCOM says their first class is graduating 2014, so hopefully they can get accredited then...but does anyone know the odds of being denied accredition?

Unchained

7+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
Their grads and their school have a bad rep here on the east coast. How many schools lose accreditation?