Howard vs. PCOM for pharmacy school

Started by enzymeG
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

enzymeG

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I recently got accepted to both Howard University and PCOM in Georgia for pharmacy school. They each has some pros and cons...Howard has lost their accreditation before, and PCOM has not yet been accredited (because it's a new school). Any opinions that may help my decision are welcome!
P.s. I need to reply to Howard by this Fri and the deposit is $1000...so I would appreciate sooner replies. Thanks!
 
I would check the costs of each. Any one of them would give you a PharmD. I'm unsure if you can get licensed assuming PCOM does not get accreditation by your graduation ttime..any guarantees? If not, you will still do fine in life with howard. It depends on you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would check the costs of each. Any one of them would give you a PharmD. I'm unsure if you can get licensed assuming PCOM does not get accreditation by your graduation ttime..any guarantees? If not, you will still do fine in life with howard. It depends on you.

The cost is similar for both schools since I'm not a residence at either states. PCOM says their first class is graduating 2014, so hopefully they can get accredited then...but does anyone know the odds of being denied accredition?
 
Their grads and their school have a bad rep here on the east coast. How many schools lose accreditation?