Howard's Match list for the year 2008 and 2007!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Black Surgeon

A QUIXOTIC RADICAL
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of you have been asking about Howard's match list only to be left wanting. I've decided to share these match lists for 2008 and 2007 with you all. All student names have been omitted in an effort to uphold a standard of privacy.

The lists look pretty strong IMO. I was especially impressed with how geographically diverse the matches were.

Enjoy!!

View attachment match07[1].pdf

View attachment match_08[1].pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Love your username.

Reactions: 1 users
some real excellent ones in there.

Anyone have step 1 avgs for Howard? and what's their curriculum like?

Members don't see this ad :)
Love your username.

some real excellent ones in there.

Anyone have step 1 avgs for Howard? and what's their curriculum like?

When I interviewed at Howard a year ago, I recall being told it was in the 175-185 range. However, I also remember them referring to a recent change which encompassed implementing NBMEs or some sort of standardized exams into the pre-clinical years' curriculum. According to them, this resulted in an increase in board scores in the guinea pig class. However, only time will tell if the measures of association are valid.

Last edited:

When I interviewed at Howard a year ago, I recall being told it was in the 175-185 range. However, I also remember them referring to a recent change which encompassed implementing NBMEs or some sort of standardized exams into the pre-clinical years' curriculum. According to them, this resulted in an increase in board scores in the guinea pig class. However, only time will tell if the measures of association are valid.

i'd hope so!

Howard's avg. step 1 is no where near 175 or 185. It is well above 210.

Does anyone have the most recent Match Rates for Howard's class of 2013-2014?