How's it going so far?

Hello_

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious where everyone is, regarding OAT preparation and application.
When are you taking the OAT and how much have you studied so far?
How much of the application have you finished (transcript, essays, etc.)?

I read the threads on this forum occasionally, and I keep asking myself if I'm supposed to be freaking out because I feel like I'm behind but I'm feeling pretty chill about this whole process. :/

Members don't see this ad.

I just need to get my lor and do the supplementals :( I already dreaded the personal statement, and now supplementals :(
Schools have already started issuing supplementals? Wow I need to pick up my pace. I feel behind. I'm taking my OAT August 11. I don't feel prepared, physics is kicking my butt.

Schools have already started issuing supplementals? Wow I need to pick up my pace. I feel behind. I'm taking my OAT August 11. I don't feel prepared, physics is kicking my butt.
Yes, some already have it on optomcas (like scco) and some have it on their website (like Western). You could actually complete your optomcas without the oat, and then you can just submit everything the day you take your oat/receive unofficial scores. Good luck to us both :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Im too embarrased to share how behind I am... Just know that you all are ahead of me on the appications.. Haha. Im taking oat on the 18th of august. I finished chads videos and am stsrting to slam myself with practice questions from the dat destroyer and practice tests

I'm slowly working through the application. I have all of my LORs in and my transcripts. It's hard trying to juggle the application and OAT studying. I'm also working on the OAT Destroyer but I haven't took a practice test yet.

I just need to get my lor and do the supplementals :( I already dreaded the personal statement, and now supplementals :(

At least you got the personal statement done! :) Good luck on finishing the rest of your app!

I'm slowly working through the application. I have all of my LORs in and my transcripts. It's hard trying to juggle the application and OAT studying. I'm also working on the OAT Destroyer but I haven't took a practice test yet.

Are you entering in your transcript yourself? I entered all my courses for the first semester of freshman year, and it was exhausting because I couldn't figure out which subject it was. Or what I was supposed to do with AP credits and credits from ACT...

Im taking oat on the 18th of august. I finished chads videos and am stsrting to slam myself with practice questions from the dat destroyer and practice tests

Did you go through Chad's videos only once? And what did you end up doing for biology?- because Chad doesn't have completed videos for that. I was going to use Kaplan, but I wonder if there's a better alternative.

Taking OAT August 13th! Been studying since the end of May, took the Kaplan online course and using Chad's videos to reinforce some things I'm still shaky on. Practicing mostly now. I have 1 LOR sent in already, and my rough draft of my personal statement done. Haven't bothered with any transcript stuff yet. SUPER nervous for this OAT though!

Yeah I'm entering them in myself.. It is very exhausting but it has to be done lol. Just do a little each day. I know the question wasn't directed to me but for biology I first decided to go through Kaplan but it was really boring. Now I'm going through questions from the destroyer I'm learning much more this way.

I read the threads on this forum occasionally, and I keep asking myself if I'm supposed to be freaking out because I feel like I'm behind but I'm feeling pretty chill about this whole process. :/

I'm kinda slacking off on the apps but I'm taking the OAT on the 17th and feeling really confident already. :thumbup:

I'm kinda slacking off on the apps but I'm taking the OAT on the 17th and feeling really confident already. :thumbup:

Woohoo! Good luck. Have you been getting good scores on your practice OATs? I hope I feel confident before my test date too!

Woohoo! Good luck. Have you been getting good scores on your practice OATs? I hope I feel confident before my test date too!

Yes. I have taken the MCAT twice, so I'm very familiar with all the content.

I'm sure you'll do great, good luck.

Hello_,

I went over certain videos in Ochem twice. I haven't done the QR section though. I'm redoing the quizzes as well. I went ahead and watched all of Chad's biology videos too. I think they are at least helpful in getting the basics if you have time for them. Im contemplating the book. But i might just use the practice tests and DAT destroyer for Bio since im running out of time and it takes me forever to read out of a dry book haha.

Last edited:

At least send your transcripts in and finish submitting your grades... I submitted my primary application 10 days ago (I did a pre professional committee letter from my school so all my stuff was done a few weeks in advance before apps opened).... And it's still verifying :( good luck :)

I have 3 LORS submitted! (took a lot of reminders..) I'm currently working on personal statement, took a break from studying because at least wanted the first draft done so I can have people review it and get honest feedback. Then planning to continue studying. My OAT is in September :/ Is that too late?? I wanted to submit OptomCAS, but it seems like everything is so overwhelming!! :/

I've got all of the application for OptomCAS done and am just proofreading it through! I'm taking the OAT on August 3rd however (Freaking Out!!) and don't feel as prepared for that! Is it best to wait to submit my application until I get my scores next week?

I just finished my personal statement and I'm proofreading it now. However I haven't gotten two of my three LORs in or sent some OAT scores. Can I still submit my application even though those things aren't in.
I don't want to submit it and then have to go back and do something and not be able to.

I took the OAT on the 3rd of this month and scored just under the 90th percentile. I have about 70-75% of OptomCAS filled out and will verify the transcripts within the next day or two. 2/4 of my letters have been submitted and I am on my 4th edit of my personal statement. A few professors are helping me. I expect submission will happen in two weeks.