Hows my App looking

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegresucks

Reaction score
Overall GPA: 3.9

Pre-req: 3.8 (4/7 schools), 3.9 (1 school), 4.0 (2 schools)

LOR: 3 total (1 from a PT on the DPT staff at my school, 1 from my bio 2 professor (was a learning assistant for her and work in her lab), 1 from my boss at the school I work at)

GRE: 152V, 148Q, 4.0AW ( i bombed the re-take but I think i raised my writing score and my math went up to 149 but verbal dropped to 150)

observation hours: 73 completed with 33 in progress (low bc of covid)

Volunteering: my schools sports medicine program with football for 3 semesters (got to work with the athletic trainers during practice and worked a game)

Experiences: Intern at a school for kids with motor disabilities, learning assistant for bio 2

research: undergraduate researcher in a parasitic manipulation lab

work: cashier at Lowe's for a summer, currently a program assistant at the school for kids with motor disabilities

Members don't see this ad.

GRE is all that will really (potentially) hurt you. Observation hours are low but it's COVID, emphasis the extra experience in program for kids with disabilities and that should help. Make sure you aren't applying to any schools with minimal GRE scores (usually 150 in all sections). With a low writing score, make sure your essay is solid, showing you know how to write. Have profs/advisors review it for you (free and often better option compared to paid "coaching/consult" services).

Reactions: 1 user
Overall GPA: 3.9

Pre-req: 3.8 (4/7 schools), 3.9 (1 school), 4.0 (2 schools)

LOR: 3 total (1 from a PT on the DPT staff at my school, 1 from my bio 2 professor (was a learning assistant for her and work in her lab), 1 from my boss at the school I work at)

GRE: 152V, 148Q, 4.0AW ( i bombed the re-take but I think i raised my writing score and my math went up to 149 but verbal dropped to 150)

observation hours: 73 completed with 33 in progress (low bc of covid)

Volunteering: my schools sports medicine program with football for 3 semesters (got to work with the athletic trainers during practice and worked a game)

Experiences: Intern at a school for kids with motor disabilities, learning assistant for bio 2

research: undergraduate researcher in a parasitic manipulation lab

work: cashier at Lowe's for a summer, currently a program assistant at the school for kids with motor disabilities
Perfect GPA, obviously.
Some schools require 150V and 150Q for GRE. So be aware of what schools you are applying to. But you do have 300 total for GRE which may work for some schools.
Observation hours: It's better to observe at least in 2 different setting, but due to COVID schools may be more lenient about it, not sure.
Your extra curriculum is impressive and much more than enough for PT school:).