How's optometry in British Columbia right now?

Started by yeuxsains
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yeuxsains

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am considering moving to Vancouver (British Columbia) in the future. But I heard that things aren't going so well for optometrists with the new regulations and whatnot.

What's the situation really like in British Columbia?
Will I be able to make a good living?
Are there resources I can check?

Right now I have a full-time job with a very good salary and good benefits too. I don't know if I would be downgrade my quality of life for a new location...

Also, what do you guys think about Calgary?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tough to say. i should ask my B.C. friends. i'm curious too because who knows if it'll come to Toronto and affect optometrists and eye care here.