How's the future looking for optometrists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hautecouture

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are optometrists in demand? Will they be in demand in the future? What's the outlook?

Thank you in advance! 😀

I've tried searching the forum for a similiar question like this, but I did not find any. I'm new to this forum and I'm not quite sure how to search these forums well either. Thanks again!
 
Are optometrists in demand? Will they be in demand in the future? What's the outlook?

Thank you in advance! 😀

I've tried searching the forum for a similiar question like this, but I did not find any. I'm new to this forum and I'm not quite sure how to search these forums well either. Thanks again!


IMHO there are better career choices. Worsening oversupply, trouble getting paid for your services, increasing control from commercial interests.

...and the worst...

ODs are their own worst enemies. So many sell outs its incredible.
 
Are optometrists in demand? Will they be in demand in the future? What's the outlook?

Thank you in advance! 😀

I've tried searching the forum for a similiar question like this, but I did not find any. I'm new to this forum and I'm not quite sure how to search these forums well either. Thanks again!


No, maybe, bad.