How's this for a study method?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yanks26dmb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've kind of adapted this from the "raise your mcat score 10 points in 2 months" method by Spinach.

I'm going through my AAMC self-assessment questions and looking over my wrong answers. For a wrong answer, I'm writing the question/paraphrase of the question on a piece of paper. On another sheet I've written the answer/paraphrased version of the answer to the question I missed.

My thinking is this I'll better understand these concepts and become more familiar with the AAMC way of asking things if I'm forcing myself to accurately paraphrase what they're asking. It's one thing to copy text verbatim, but another to be able to put it into words that you understand...imo.

In addition, I'll have developed "fact" sheets for all the questions and concepts I obviously did not know enough about, thus giving me more content review in the process (just FYI I've already done the full SN2 content review).

Thoughts on this method for improving my score?

Members don't see this ad.

I did basically the same thing as you (Minus the writing part, guess I am lazy haha) and was pretty successful on my MCAT. As long as you take many practice tests, specifically AAMC, and review wrong answers, you should be pretty good overall.