HPLC columns

Started by tomy123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tomy123

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi,
currently I am writting my doctors thesis. in this work I need HPLC columns with nearly zero contamination and the ability to separate enantiomer proteins. Wich producer do you prefer, Whatman, Agilent or merck? Is it usefull to buy a refill HPLC columns?
 
hi,
currently I am writting my doctors thesis. in this work I need HPLC columns with nearly zero contamination and the ability to separate enantiomer proteins. Wich producer do you prefer, Whatman, Agilent or merck? Is it usefull to buy a refill HPLC columns?

I personally prefer vydac column. I have also used an Agilent machine for gpcr purification. When you get a column, it comes with the instruction to clean the column. Otherwise, you can try several runs of 90% Acentonitrile with 0.01% TFA to clean the column. Use mass spec or western blot to confirm the purity of the elute.

I would ask this question in a biochemistry forum though..
 

Similar threads