HPSP - AEGD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cnutzz

Reaction score
I was told by a recruiter that if you do not go into a residency after school, and you are on the HPSP scholarship, it is mandatory to not just apply to AEGD, but to DO IT for 1 year. (That 1 year wouldn't count towards payback time)

Does anyone know about this? I was under the impression that you just had to apply but not actually do it, even if you don't go into a residency. And then just starting payback years right after you graduate.

Members don't see this ad.

True for the Air Force. Partly true for the Army - you are only required to apply, not required to attend. I don't know anything about the Navy.

The 1 year AEGD (and all higher education) do not count towards your active duty service obligation.

Reactions: 1 user
True for the Air Force. Partly true for the Army - you are only required to apply, not required to attend. I don't know anything about the Navy.

The 1 year AEGD (and all higher education) do not count towards your active duty service obligation

You guys know if there was a seperate application cycle for the AEGD-1 vs other residencies? I am trying to figure out if my package can be used for the AEGD-1 and AEGD-2 applications. Thanks!

You guys know if there was a seperate application cycle for the AEGD-1 vs other residencies? I am trying to figure out if my package can be used for the AEGD-1 and AEGD-2 applications. Thanks!
You can let the office/email that sends out the application announcements that you want to apply to other programs and they can normally distribute your application docs to the required residency applications so you dont have to submit multiple applications

Reactions: 1 user