HPSP Applying to Multiple Branches

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nsumma1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently been accepted to dental school and will be a D1 starting the fall of 2018. I am really interested in applying for the 3-year HPSP scholarship and had a quick question.

Right now I finished my pre-qualification form for the Air Force HPSP but want to apply to the Army as well. When I asked my recruiter he did not seem thrilled about the idea but he said to atleast do MEPs through the Air Force first then apply to Army. Is this accurate? I've heard people say that you do MEPs for the Air Force after you have been accepted to the HPSP scholarship.

I want to apply to both as soon as possible and was wondering what my best course of action would be. My GPA is a 3.45 and 24 DAT for reference. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I applied did MEPS before completing my application for the Army. I'd just get it out of the way. Assuming you pass and everything, it plays in your favor to be selected.

3-year AF here, you do MEPs first.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Right now I finished my pre-qualification form for the Air Force HPSP but want to apply to the Army as well. When I asked my recruiter he did not seem thrilled about the idea but he said to atleast do MEPs through the Air Force first then apply to Army. Is this accurate?

MEPS results can be shared among branches, if that's what your asking.