Nov 8, 2018
Hi everyone. I wanted to know if the HPSP was still available for podiatry students. If so, are podiatry students only accepted into certain branches? Is the scholarship for 3 or 4 years? The only information I've been able to find on here is a few years old. If anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: Ladybug93

ldsrmdude

Back in the saddle again
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2007
Status
Podiatrist
Thanks! Any idea if there are more offered in the other branches? Specifically navy?
All the ones that I know that did HPSP were Navy but this was ~7 years ago. I don’t have any current info though.

Creflo

time to eat
10+ Year Member
May 16, 2007
Domino's
I took the Navy HPSP back in 2009, when I applied they only had hscp available (or it is hcsp?), anyway, after I applied they opened 2 hpsp slots that year so I was fortunate enough to get one. I heard recently that the Navy decided to cut back their active duty billets from about 25 to 17, so sounds like they are in cutback mode right now. It paid for tuition and health insurance, plus 24k per year to live on for 2 of the 4 years of pod school. In return I served 3 years active duty. It's a small career field in the military so you may have to do some aggressive searching to figure out what's available. Look into Army, Navy, Air Force. Fort Bragg and Madigan residency programs used to be connected, not sure about now.

Reactions: PodSquat
Apr 30, 2018
Status
Non-Student
Thanks! Any idea if there are more offered in the other branches? Specifically navy?
I'm 90% sure they closed off the Navy HPSP as well as HSCP due to being overmanned. It may have opened up but it's not likely with all the changes that are happening with the DHA...

Also the Madigan residency is essentially shut down now, so Fort Bragg would be your only option if you wanted to go Active Duty.

Last edited: