HS Junior/College list help & opinions

Dr. Magnum G.I.

Reaction score
I am so glad I am not like this anymore. Editing this post because, god, was I a mess 2 years ago. Got into a good college and I'm doing just fine. Finished #5 in my graduating class. I needed to chill. xD

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Frankly, any of these schools would be fine. Your clinical experiences and research opportunities will be on you in terms of making the connections. There will also be plenty of clubs and activities to take part in at any of these institutions. They're all sizable schools so if you're okay with being in big classes for certain courses then you should be fine. I personally attended a smaller private university, so the class size was a lot smaller, and even then we had enough resources to help my preparation along the way. In the end, It's all about making the right choices and creating a good balance throughout your undergraduate years.

-One thing you could look into is their grading system because that could be important at certain schools.

@Dr. Magnum G.I.

Frankly, any of these schools would be fine. Your clinical experiences and research opportunities will be on you in terms of making the connections. There will also be plenty of clubs and activities to take part in at any of these institutions. They're all sizable schools so if you're okay with being in big classes for certain courses then you should be fine. I personally attended a smaller private university, so the class size was a lot smaller, and even then we had enough resources to help my preparation along the way. In the end, It's all about making the right choices and creating a good balance throughout your undergraduate years.

-One thing you could look into is their grading system because that could be important at certain schools.

@Dr. Magnum G.I.
Thanks for your reply! I just want to make sure that I am set up for success and will be at a school that will prepare me for college.
What is your opinion on a degree in biomedical engineering? Should I go to a school where it's harder to make high GPAs but gives me better preparation for college?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I did look at Vandy’s grading scale:
A (4.0)- 93-100
A- (3.7)- 90-93
OUCH!
My current high school grading scale is like this. Math finals were rough.

That major would be fine as long as you finish all the prerequisites required for medical school (which I'm sure you would in that major). A lot of people end up majoring in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry etc. The more science courses you have, the more you can raise your sGPA as well. However, it depends on your interests.