HS Senior needs advice on 0-6 yr program.

Started by MTrbo12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MTrbo12

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I am a upcoming HS senior who just got back his SAT scores and realized that my composite writing skills were lacking in comparison to the other two categories. Overall in the math and reading sections i got a 1060 and with the other one added i cant remember what i got but it wasn't to good.

My question is that I fit the requirements for Duquesne but my SAT writing doesn't fall into their average.. I have a HS GPA of 3.48 and was wondering if that could hurt my chances of getting into Duquesne for pharmacy school..


So overall im just wondering if those schools take into affect not doing good at writing essays and such.


Thanks!
 
Hello, I am a upcoming HS senior who just got back his SAT scores and realized that my composite writing skills were lacking in comparison to the other two categories. Overall in the math and reading sections i got a 1060 and with the other one added i cant remember what i got but it wasn't to good.

My question is that I fit the requirements for Duquesne but my SAT writing doesn't fall into their average.. I have a HS GPA of 3.48 and was wondering if that could hurt my chances of getting into Duquesne for pharmacy school..


So overall im just wondering if those schools take into affect not doing good at writing essays and such.


Thanks!


i hate bumping topics but i was just wondering if any of you could help shed some light on this topic...
 
I know that you would have a very slim chance of acceptance at USP given your stats, and I imagine that the same would go for most pharmacy schools (though I heard Duquesne is a little easier to get into). You'll get into the college, but usually getting into the pharmacy program at a college is more competitive than just meeting the requirements to get into the college itself. Your GPA isn't bad, it's the SAT scores that are low. Retake them and aim for about an 1150, then you will have a chance at acceptance. I'm pretty sure that schools usually don't look at writing scores except for placement purposes into different levels of English.

But then again, it never hurts to apply. Maybe they will accept you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Math and Verbal sections are out of 1600 right? Then I would imagine that you'd need higher than a 1150 to be competitive for a 0-6 program (I could be wrong though).

Check with Duquesne to see if they have statistics on incoming 0-6 students.
 
The Math and Verbal sections are out of 1600 right? Then I would imagine that you'd need higher than a 1150 to be competitive for a 0-6 program (I could be wrong though).

Check with Duquesne to see if they have statistics on incoming 0-6 students.

Eh, they look at GPAs and what courses you took more than SATs usually. 1150 is not really "competitive" but it may get you in if you took AP classes and such. However, I know lots of people with 1200s that got in. Most 0-6 programs (except Rutgers and Pitt) are relatively easy to get into. They are harder, however, to stay in, since they make their money by admitting people with worse academic stats than they should just to make a quick buck, and then kick them out of 2 years because they still want to have a good reputation. I don't think that this is a good thing, but that's how many of them work (and soon 0-6 programs probably won't exist anymore).