HSPH 2016 decisions and financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

furuame

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, for those of you that were admitted to HSPH for the upcoming school year, did you receive your financial aid package yet? I was recently admitted, but I haven't heard anything from OFA even though the assistant told me students should hear within 1 week after admission.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, for those of you that were admitted to HSPH for the upcoming school year, did you receive your financial aid package yet? I was recently admitted, but I haven't heard anything from OFA even though the assistant told me students should hear within 1 week after admission.

Were you admitted to the SM or MPH program? A few people in the 2016 MPH Admissions thread mentioned that they received awards from OFA a few weeks after their notice of admission. However, those individuals also largely seemed to be SM candidates, not MPH. I just received my offer of admission for the 65 credit MPH this past Friday, so I'm likely going to wait at least two more weeks before following up with OFA.

Reactions: 1 user
Were you admitted to the SM or MPH program? A few people in the 2016 MPH Admissions thread mentioned that they received awards from OFA a few weeks after their notice of admission. However, those individuals also largely seemed to be SM candidates, not MPH. I just received my offer of admission for the 65 credit MPH this past Friday, so I'm likely going to wait at least two more weeks before following up with OFA.
Thanks for the response! I was admitted to the SM 80 unit program. I received my admission decision on the 25th, so it's been a little over a week for me. The financial aid might be the deciding factor for me.

My heart is definitely set on the Harvard 65-credit MPH, but I'm definitely concerned about the price tag (both tuition as well as Boston cost of living). I'll be attending Admitted Students Day on April 1 and hope to find out a little more about financial aid options then (I haven't received my email from OFA yet). But from what I've seen, both in past stats as well as on this forum, it doesn't seem like there's much aid for Harvard MPH students other than loans -- and from the admitted students Facebook page, it seems like opportunities for research/teaching assistant jobs are limited for MPH students as well. Has anyone received an aid package yet or have any better insight about what options are out there beyond loans or finding off-campus part-time jobs?