Huge Dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahutchlax

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got my first interview invite:) for Temple and I am going Tuesday October 3rd. It turns out that the Packers are coming to town to play the Eagles Monday the 2nd for Monday Night Football! The game starts at 8:30 so that means I won't get out of there until 1:00 and who knows what time I will get to the hotel. Do I risk being really, really tired the next morning at the interview for the chance to see the legendary Brett Favre? I would love some suggestions. Also, game tickets are around $100 bucks, so if I go, I won't want to leave at halftime.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got my first interview invite:) for Temple and I am going Tuesday October 3rd. It turns out that the Packers are coming to town to play the Eagles Monday the 2nd for Monday Night Football! The game starts at 8:30 so that means I won't get out of there until 1:00 and who knows what time I will get to the hotel. Do I risk being really, really tired the next morning at the interview for the chance to see the legendary Brett Favre? I would love some suggestions. Also, game tickets are around $100 bucks, so if I go, I won't want to leave at halftime.

Hahahahahahahaha . . .

Football.

man. where is your DVR ?? call Time Warner Cable.

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry to say, but Brett is on the very steep downhill:oops: . Should of seen him about 4 or 5 years back. In regards to your post, do whatever you want, if you feel you can be alert and reflect a positive image for yourself go to the game. I'm not really a packers fan, but I would like to see Brett Favre go out with some dignity and not repeat what he did last year with 29 INT's.

hey my interview is also oct 3...does this mean there's gonna be mad traffic trying to get to philly the night of oct 2? :scared:

the packers suck. scrap that plan.

It's not just because of the Packers. It's MNF! I'm from Utah and we don't have a team out here. That's my main reason for wanting to go.

It's not just because of the Packers. It's MNF! I'm from Utah and we don't have a team out here. That's my main reason for wanting to go.

I'm from Phoenix, and we basically don't have a football team. Huh, maybe that's why I don't like football. [/trying to be funny]

The buckeyes are what its about. that win over texas felt good. notre dame sux.

I stayed up til about 2am the night before my interview playing pac man with a bunch of dental students, haha. But, I didn't have to be at the school til 11 and my interview wasn't until 330. I say go if you want... but i don't have much trouble getting up early in the morning even after a late night

I stayed up til about 2am the night before my interview playing pac man with a bunch of dental students, haha. But, I didn't have to be at the school til 11 and my interview wasn't until 330. I say go if you want... but i don't have much trouble getting up early in the morning even after a late night

Not to hijack this thread or anything, but i'm in a similar boat. I'm interviewing at NYU and Columbia Sept 21 and 22.. but 6 of my close friends that i haven't seen in a loooong time are there and this is likely the last time i'll see them for an even longer time.. Plus they're telling me that they're gonna drag me to the bar and that i can't refuse..

You should go to see McNabb not Farve. I lived in Philly for a bit (two years back when the Eagles went to the superbowl). McNabb is a great personality for Philly. Go Eagles!

Def go. Having gone to the football game with five you tons of points with Brian if he is still there

You should Im from Vegas and we dont have any sports teams to speak of at all. I feel totally deprived and thats also why I dont want to go to UNLV for dschool hoping to get somewhere where there is a sports team to be a fan of

So you spent the last 4-5 years doing really good in your pre-dental classes, and probebly got a nice GPA along with nice DAT scores for this one chance to get interviewed and accepted by a univerisity so you can go and finish your dream of becoming a dentist and your going to RISK ALL THAT OVER A FREAKING FOOTBALL GAME ?????

You should Im from Vegas and we dont have any sports teams to speak of at all. I feel totally deprived and thats also why I dont want to go to UNLV for dschool hoping to get somewhere where there is a sports team to be a fan of
So you don't consider Texas hold'em a sport then?

I don't think you should go to the game as Favre isn't what he was 5 years ago and you know McNabb is just going to pick apart the Packers for what they are :D

I say go and live it up. You'll either do really well in the interview because you will be doing everything you want or you'll do really poorly and make it easier for the competition. This is a calculated risk.

that must be why i couldn't find a hotel when i was booking for my upenn and temple interviews

You'll be SO okay! Just make sure to have your bags packed and in the trunk early in the morning, sleep very well the night before the game, and ten minutes before your interview down a large coffee.