HUGE problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JustwantDDS

DrAMG
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK
so my pre-health committee isn't sending any LORs/Committee letters out in June.

Its just their policy.
I plan to submit my AADSAS this week!!!!
Am I completely screwed?

Members don't see this ad.

no you're ok. the AADSAS server takes 4-8 weeks to process your application and then they will get sent out to schools. so as long as your committee letter is in by the time your app is done processing you will be fine

even if it doesn't get in before AADSAS processing and mailing, if will be forwarded to the schools you applied to. But, I believe it to be more beneficial to have a complete application arrive at the schools of your choice.

Members don't see this ad :)
How rude!

Just make sure your transcripts are in. It takes them a while to process those. I've heard that as long as your app is complete by mid July you're considered early.

Some pre-health committees submit their letters on August...

AADSAS will mail the letters at a separate time than the rest of the application if they're not in right away, you don't need the letters in to be complete in terms of AADSAS

How rude!

Just make sure your transcripts are in. It takes them a while to process those. I've heard that as long as your app is complete by mid July you're considered early.

I know!!! They say its their goal to have it in by September, and thats freaking me out!!!!!:confused::mad:

Why not just try requesting the same letters from your professors and have them submit electronically. I'm sure the letter writers still have them on file. It would just require them to submit them electronically which takes about 2 minutes of their time.

Well because my state school heavily relies on a prehealth committee composite letter.
If you have a committee at your school you have to use it.

Well sounds like you are SOL then.

like an above poster said, youre LORS wont hold up your app.