Human Anatomy vs. Human A&P

Started by mimachu
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mimachu

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
This might sound like a stupid question but I am applying to Howard U. Dental school and one of their pre-reqs was Human Anatomy. I have taken Human Anatomy and Physiology. Would that count has human anatomy???
 
Hello everyone,
This might sound like a stupid question but I am applying to Howard U. Dental school and one of their pre-reqs was Human Anatomy. I have taken Human Anatomy and Physiology. Would that count has human anatomy???

Contact them to find out. It depends on the school. If it were UNLV then it wouldn't count. They told all of us last year on the interview day that you are required to take "Human Anatomy" even if you already took A&P. I could be wrong since it was a while ago but its always best to double check.
 
Wow, and I thought they were somewhat the same thing... There aren't that many schools that offer just Human Anatomy...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,
This might sound like a stupid question but I am applying to Howard U. Dental school and one of their pre-reqs was Human Anatomy. I have taken Human Anatomy and Physiology. Would that count has human anatomy???

I know this is an old post, but I am applying to the same school for this upcoming cycle and I tried to contact the admission office, but no response via email & call. I guess they must be busy, but were you able to find out anything?
 
Would like to know this as well. Took Human Anatomy and Physiology (3 credits) with no lab.
ATSU told be that Human Anatomy and Physiology (3 or 4 credit hours) would count for my anatomy credit since I have already taken a class in human physiology. Hope that helps your situation as well!