Human anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted801953

All I've been taking in my bio courses are cells and dna replication, transcription and so on. This put me on a very weak foundation on human anatomy and physiology! Should I read the Kaplan review for Biology and be good in it or should I take a school Human anatomy and physiology course which is not required for graduation?

Members don't see this ad.

I always recommend it, but really, take what interests you.

All I've been taking in my bio courses are cells and dna replication, transcription and so on. This put me on a very weak foundation on human anatomy and physiology! Should I read the Kaplan review for Biology and be good in it or should I take a school Human anatomy and physiology course which is not required for graduation?

Anatomy and Physiology is not going to be of much help for MCAT, but it's a great taste of the kind of thing you'll see in far greater depth in medical school. As goro said, take what interests you. However, spend your time reviewing well what will actually be tested on the MCAT.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
I really prefer taking other courses instead since I'll be studying about anatomy in either cases later in medical school However as I was scrolling through MCAT review courses for Biology I found that most of it is just about the nervous system, endocrine system, digestive system, muscles and fibers and so on. While cell biology courses is just a couple of chapters..

Do whatever you want to make yourself feel best prepared. When I took the exam, there was nothing I didn't feel I learned from general bio and biology of the human organism. Anatomy and physiology is a tough class and low yield for MCAT, but great for general knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Just based off having taken the MCAT, a physiology class will probably be helpful: it'll go more in-depth but touch on what you need to know for the exam. Anatomy not so much; at least the MCAT from 2015 barely went into it (and nowhere near the anatomy you'd learn in med school).

Just based off having taken the MCAT, a physiology class will probably be helpful: it'll go more in-depth but touch on what you need to know for the exam. Anatomy not so much; at least the MCAT from 2015 barely went into it (and nowhere near the anatomy you'd learn in med school).
I second the advice bout a physiology course. I can recall several questions on the real thing..*shudders*

Personally, I loved A&P so much that I tutored it for a few years in undergrad. To each their own but I do suggest taking at least one physiology course

Reactions: 1 user