Mar 20, 2010
Ohio
Status
Non-Student
I am going to be a sophmore in high school and next year that will be taking classes at a local community college to earn both college and high school creidits. I plan on taking an Intro. to Chemistry course, a bio course, and Intros to Sociology and Psychology. I'm doing this because the upper level science teacher at my school isn't really that good of a teacher and chemistry and biology are required for graduation. I was wondering, for my bio course, if I should take Human Biology or Anatomy and Physiology I (which has Intro to Chem as a prereq). I am interested in both and will be taking both eventually but I was wondering which would be better to take now because I have very limited experience in Bio.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Vicviper

Michael De Coro, DMD - AKA Steve McAwesome
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Nov 19, 2008
Visalia, CA
Status
Dentist
How strong is your bio background? I'm guessing you at least took regular highschool bio. At my community college Human Bio was more of a general ed class for non-science majors to take, and though I'm not sure how it is at your school, it sounds like intro basic physio. A&P at my school was a pretty intensive pre-nursing class, so if you're sure you're going to take the two, I'd start with the human bio to give yourself a foundation. If you're only going to take one, I'd say take the A&P - it won't be nearly as in depth as the version you'll take in med/dent/health etc school, but it would better prepare you than the human bio.

Good luck!

Mar 20, 2010
Ohio
Status
Non-Student
I haven't taken HS Bio yet. Like I said, the Bio teacher at my school isn't much of a teacher really. Thats the reason im taking both of them so that they fullfill my Bio requirement to graduate and I actually learn something.

I was leaning more toward Human Bio first, just wanted to get a second opinion. Thanks again!