Human Physiology Minor for a PT

Started by ivann92
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ivann92

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a freshman in a combined 6 year Health Studies/ Physical Therapy program at Boston University, meaning that I am already in the DPT program. I am considering minoring in human physiology because I have some AP credits. What is the value of a human physiology minor after I have graduated with a DPT? What is the value of it on the job market and for further education (i.e. specialization or PhD)? Any thoughts?

Thanks!
 
I am a freshman in a combined 6 year Health Studies/ Physical Therapy program at Boston University, meaning that I am already in the DPT program. I am considering minoring in human physiology because I have some AP credits. What is the value of a human physiology minor after I have graduated with a DPT? What is the value of it on the job market and for further education (i.e. specialization or PhD)? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

There is no practical value to your undergrad once you have the DPT. You could have majored in interpretive dance for all your employers and clients care.

If you intend to get a PhD, it will matter. But, you won't need the DPT to go for the PhD.