human service experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wut2du

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
where do you go to get work related or volunteer experience in human services? what are some examples of possible organizations you can work for and how do you contact them?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello friend,

I have been looking for experience in the same realm.

I'm no expert, but I googled "disabled my town," "volunteer my town" and "geriatric assistance my town."

I also explored volunteer opportunities at Planned Parenthood, Social Security Disability and everything offered by my nearby Big Ten university.

Perhaps contact any local hospital or VA. They always need volunteers.

Good luck, keep us posted! :luck:

Maddie

I volunteered with Americorps for 10.5 months, and it was an amazing experience. There are a variety of different areas that you can choose to volunteer for. Since I would like to work with children, I chose to work in the school system.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out nonprofit organizations and hospitals in your area. They usually love volunteers although you may have to pass some fairly extensive background checks dependent upon the location & position.

Try the Red Cross, they might be able to assist in getting volunteer experience in a hosptial setting.

If you google the word volunteer, you'll get a ton of sites that list volunteer opportunities according to where you live.