humanities and social science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

orgoishard

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,



I have a question regarding the humanities and social science courses we pre-pharm have to take. I know most of the requirement are over 10 credits. I was planning to take a 101 foreign language course through 201 for a total of 12 credits for humanities. Will those 12 credit count toward my pre-req or do i have to take other humanities/social science 101 courses? Basically, will pharmcas recognize any humanities courses higher than 101 and count them toward pre-reqs? My school require that we complete our foreign language requirement from 101 to 201 so this method can help me save alot of money and time .


Thanks.
 
Hey guys,



I have a question regarding the humanities and social science courses we pre-pharm have to take. I know most of the requirement are over 10 credits. I was planning to take a 101 foreign language course through 201 for a total of 12 credits for humanities. Will those 12 credit count toward my pre-req or do i have to take other humanities/social science 101 courses? Basically, will pharmcas recognize any humanities courses higher than 101 and count them toward pre-reqs? My school require that we complete our foreign language requirement from 101 to 201 so this method can help me save alot of money and time .


Thanks.

Ask the school you want to apply, they will give you the best and correct answer. Good luck! 🙂
 
Yeah best to contact the schools. I don't think that will work though because foreign language isn't a social science. Some schools also have more specific requirements, like you must take psych 101, microecon, sociology 101, etc.