Hunter and City College

Started by ma-bas
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ma-bas

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi folks. I'm new to the post bacc forum. I applied this past year and am left with one waitlist, and I am thinking I need to go back and take some upper division classes. Breif history. Nutrition undergrad at UC Berkeley, masters degree in Nutrition from Brooklyn College, 4 years as a registered dietitian, and a 36 on my MCAT. My undergrad gpa is a 2.4 science and 2.75 overall according to AMCAS. My graduate gpa was a 3.83. I was interviewed at 2 schools, got 2 waitlists, and was just rejected from one of those. I am quite personable and was even told by one of my interviewers that I interviewed really well, so to me it is pretty obvious that I need to do something about my gpa.

So, I am looking for advice, both on Hunter and City Colleges' programs, and any other suggestions in particular. I don't want to spend more than another year taking classes. I hope that will be enough.

Thanks is advance.
 
I don't know anything about city, but I'm in a cell MS program at Hunter. They seem to have really good teachers in the core science classes. Actually, I know the people who teach Gen Chem, A&P, & Orgo, all are excellent. No knowledge of Gen Chem & Physics teachers.