Hunter DPT Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDPTRenzo

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to create a thread for Hunter DPT's Class of 2024 prospective students since I didn't see one. I recently received an acceptance to Hunter's DPT program and I wanted to know if there was anyone else who received similar news. I want to look into our options and just share our thoughts. For reference, I interviewed on November 18th and received my acceptance on November 30th. They want the decision to be made after 2 weeks of receiving the acceptance. Hope you are all doing well coming into the final stretch of the semester!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I wanted to create a thread for Hunter DPT's Class of 2024 prospective students since I didn't see one. I recently received an acceptance to Hunter's DPT program and I wanted to know if there was anyone else who received similar news. I want to look into our options and just share our thoughts. For reference, I interviewed on November 18th and received my acceptance on November 30th. They want the decision to be made after 2 weeks of receiving the acceptance. Hope you are all doing well coming into the final stretch of the semester!
Hi! Congrats! I interviewed on November 23rd and have not heard back yet. I can’t believe they want us to decide so soon.

Hi! Congrats! I interviewed on November 23rd and have not heard back yet. I can’t believe they want us to decide so soon.
Thank you! Hopefully that means you’ll be receiving your news soon. I’m still waiting on Columbia, but I am leaning more towards Hunter because of the price. I hear that Columbia doesn’t give much in aid or scholarships. I also went to Hunter for undergrad so I’m used to the experience there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I interviewed November 11th and am still waiting to hear back. On Friday, I received an email about a Q&A with current students next Friday and was wondering if either of you received that as well?

Hello! I interviewed November 11th and am still waiting to hear back. On Friday, I received an email about a Q&A with current students next Friday and was wondering if either of you received that as well?
Yes I received it! I intend to go because there isn’t much about the program that they tell us before we make a commitment. So to ask current students questions is a great way to gauge the school better.

Yes I received it! I intend to go because there isn’t much about the program that they tell us before we make a commitment. So to ask current students questions is a great way to gauge the school better.
Congratulations! I am hoping to hear back soon which will decide my attendance at the Q&A.

Congratulations! I am hoping to hear back soon which will decide my attendance at the Q&A.
They did say that they should let you know within 2-4 weeks. If you don’t hear back after this coming week I suggest you send them an email. Also the deadline to RSVP to the meeting is the 7th, so if you haven’t received a decision at that point then I suggest considering the Q&A anyways because I don’t know if there would be another opportunity like this.

Thank you! Hopefully that means you’ll be receiving your news soon. I’m still waiting on Columbia, but I am leaning more towards Hunter because of the price. I hear that Columbia doesn’t give much in aid or scholarships. I also went to Hunter for undergrad so I’m used to the experience there.
Oh do you know if the school offers housing or we would have to find an apartment of our own if we were to attend their DPT program? And yes! I am planning to attend their Q&A session to learn more about their program as well!

Oh do you know if the school offers housing or we would have to find an apartment of our own if we were to attend their DPT program?
Yes the school does have four resident halls! One of them is actually in the building where the PT program is located, Brookdale. I believe applications for housing are due in February. You could also look for roommates, there are many Hunter students who room together near school.
Here’s a link from the school directly: https://ww2.hunter.cuny.edu/students/student-life/housing/

Yes the school does have four resident halls! One of them is actually in the building where the PT program is located, Brookdale. I believe applications for housing are due in February. You could also look for roommates, there are many Hunter students who room together near school.
Here’s a link from the school directly: Housing - Students
Oh wow great thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t receive this email. I interviews on the 23rd.

I didn’t receive this email. I interviews on the 23rd.
I would email Robert Biondi. The email specified that those invited for interviews would be allowed into the session. There wasn’t any link to join the zoom session since they want to see who will RSVP first. So just email them at [email protected] no later than Monday, December 7th.

I would email Robert Biondi. The email specified that those invited for interviews would be allowed into the session. There wasn’t any link to join the zoom session since they want to see who will RSVP first. So just email them at [email protected] no later than Monday, December 7th.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
They did say that they should let you know within 2-4 weeks. If you don’t hear back after this coming week I suggest you send them an email. Also the deadline to RSVP to the meeting is the 7th, so if you haven’t received a decision at that point then I suggest considering the Q&A anyways because I don’t know if there would be another opportunity like this.
At my interview they said about 4 weeks because it was their first week of interviews but to reach out if I wanted to know sooner. I was planning to email them sometime this week anyway for updates since I've recently received a few other acceptances I am seriously considering. I RSVP'd yes to the info session but am hoping to hear back beforehand.

Hey guys did any of you receive the zoom link for Friday’s meeting yet?

Hey guys did any of you receive the zoom link for Friday’s meeting yet?
I just received an email from Robert Biondi. They mention that we will be receiving the zoom link on Friday around 4pm before the scheduled Q&A session.

Hey folks! I was wondering if anyone new has heard from Hunter. I’ve emailed them a couple times now and I’m trying not to be annoying but I wasn’t sure if they’ve sent out a second group of acceptances or anything. I’ve been emailing Maureen and was wondering if there is someone else I should reach out to instead? Perhaps Dr. Holland because I interviewed with him? It’s the only school I’m waiting on and I interviewed almost 6 weeks ago!

I was interviewed during the second week of interviews. To be honest, I didn't expect to get in since Hunter was said to be one of those schools to which "everyone and their mothers apply." Interview, as awkward as it began, to my surprise was pretty decent. They said it would take about a month before acceptances would be sent out officially. I received my acceptance two days later.

Hey folks! I was wondering if anyone new has heard from Hunter. I’ve emailed them a couple times now and I’m trying not to be annoying but I wasn’t sure if they’ve sent out a second group of acceptances or anything. I’ve been emailing Maureen and was wondering if there is someone else I should reach out to instead? Perhaps Dr. Holland because I interviewed with him? It’s the only school I’m waiting on and I interviewed almost 6 weeks ago!
Maureen did not reply to my queries. I would say email someone else, maybe Dr. Collins or Robert Biondi. I was told that the final decision was really for Dr. Collins to make so maybe it's best to email her directly.

I second what asterman123 says. Dr. Collins sent me an acceptance directly. I would say to tailor the email towards being about your desire to join Hunter and how knowing your decision would benefit your decision to the other schools that are also awaiting your response.

I interviewed 11/30 and haven't heard anything since unfortunately. Congrats to you both who were accepted!!

I interviewed 11/30 and haven't heard anything since unfortunately. Congrats to you both who were accepted!!
Thank you! Hopefully you receive news soon. Like many schools, Hunter probably finalizes their list by January. Just give it some more time but emailing wouldn’t hurt either, especially given the holiday break where they’ll likely be off too. I wish you good luck!

Dr. Collins said that due to the lengthy involvement of the admissions process to expect a decision in early-mid January which is both relieving and frustrating but what can ya do. Thanks for your input folks! It was nice to get a clear response from their admissions department.

Hey guys, this is a general question pertaining to all DPT programs. If a program completed or finished all their interview blocks.. does this mean they won't be holding interviews anymore? Because I applied to a school that I have not heard anything back from but I heard they completed their last interview block so I was wondering if this means something.

Hey guys, this is a general question pertaining to all DPT programs. If a program completed or finished all their interview blocks.. does this mean they won't be holding interviews anymore? Because I applied to a school that I have not heard anything back from but I heard they completed their last interview block so I was wondering if this means something.
You should definitely check with the school.

I feel like the answer to that is whether they would be willing to hold another interview block, whether it’s a case of their own mistake or not. Definitely reach out to them, I had one school that I applied to that never responded back to me after telling me that my file was incomplete. When a school is that unorganized, it already signals a red flag for me.

During the Zoom session few weeks back Dr. Collins specyfically said not to email her because her inbox is full and she'll be very busy. I believe the deadline for the schools to send out acceptance letters is January 15th. It is definitely an anxiety filled wait but I am trying to be patient and follow what Dr. Collins asked us to do.

The application process can definitely be stressful. That being said, there is absolutely nothing wrong with reaching out to Dr. Collins if your need is substantial. And 6 weeks after the interview with no word from the department or grad admissions is substantial enough. I attended orientation, and the context for not contacting Dr. Collins was intended for normal application-related questions; those are supposed to be sent to Maureen (Hunter has a very specific criteria for emails listed on one of the pages on their website that is almost impossible to guess, intuitively).

Because students are weighing Hunter against other possible schools that have already offered them admission, it is actually quite normal (and perhaps, even, recommended) that students reach out to their schools to inquire on the school's progress with the applications.

So, there is no need to panic or feel nervous about emailing the faculty directly. That is what they are there for, and your emailing them will not affect (negatively) their decision as per your application. Hope that helps!

Also, if you were invited for the Q&A with current students, that seems to be a good sign. :)

Hi, I was also accepted into the program. Did you accept the offer? I accepted the offer and looking to connect with other students in the class!

Hi, I was also accepted into the program. Did you accept the offer? I accepted the offer and looking to connect with other students in the class!
Hi! I did end up accepting the offer, we can either talk more here or you can message me!

Hi! Did you get an official letter in the mail or an email from Dr. Collins?

Hi! Did you get an official letter in the mail or an email from Dr. Collins?
Hello! Just the email from Dr. Collins. I emailed her about it because I was also expecting a physical acceptance letter, but she assured me that the email she sent was the official acceptance letter.

does anyone know if the waitlist is finished or if they are allowing more students? I havent heard anything....

does anyone know if the waitlist is finished or if they are allowing more students? I havent heard anything....
Hello, I’m not sure if programs generally announce when they’ve finished accepting students into their program. However, I would say that’s it is completely acceptable to email them to inquire about your position in the waitlist, as well as whether or not they have already completed accepting students. I wish you the best of luck!