Hunter v. Columbia v. UPenn???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ridgewood

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted to hunter, columbia and penn's post-bac programs and want to know what people think of each. I graduated from a top school and have heard that it may not be a good idea to go to hunter and "take a step down." Hunter is very attractive though due to its cheaper cost. What do you think? Is the penn or columbia name worth all of that money? Also- does anyone know major differences between columbia and penn? Any help/comments/suggestions is greatly appreciated it. Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

See my post in the rate your postbac thread (recently updated) for my opinion of the Columbia program, which I recently finished. I was in a similar boat as you and ultimately chose Columbia over Hunter because I didn't want it to look like I was taking a "step down" (even though I know that Hunter is excellent academically). I also chose Columbia because I wanted the structure of a formal program along with the student community and the advising system that came with it. I don't regret my decision, but I don't necessarily know what's right for you.