Step I Hunters and corneal clouding

Started by psychobob
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

psychobob

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is corneal clouding one of the signs of Hunter's syndrome? I was under the impression that its not seen in Hunters. However in question #3 in the genetics section of Robbins qbook corneal clouding is presented as one of the signs. And in the explanations, its diagnosed as Hunters. Thanks.
 
A hunter still needs his eyes to hunt...

Its a misprint since the answer is alpha-L-iduronidase which is the abnormality in Hurler's, Hunter's is iduronate sulfatase...
 
I hope that answer isn't a misprint either then. I did find an excerpt in Pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus which states that corneal clouding is variable among a milder form of Hunter's.

Oh well. I probably can't go wrong with the consensus. Thanks guys.