Hurricane Ike slowing down application process

Started by yoyoraps
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yoyoraps

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else's application process being affected by Hurricane Ike's destruction??? I'm quite frustrated with this natural disaster at a time like this.

I live in Texas and it's ripped my town apart, but more importantly my university is closed for a long while and I have to resend my transcripts to the optometry schools who never received them. My university is not sure when it will re-open or have any power... could take weeks they say. What should I do? Just wait huh? Should I send my opt-schools an email telling them my delay? I guess that wouldn't do anything either?

What do yall think?
 
Is anyone else's application process being affected by Hurricane Ike's destruction??? I'm quite frustrated with this natural disaster at a time like this.

I live in Texas and it's ripped my town apart, but more importantly my university is closed for a long while and I have to resend my transcripts to the optometry schools who never received them. My university is not sure when it will re-open or have any power... could take weeks they say. What should I do? Just wait huh? Should I send my opt-schools an email telling them my delay? I guess that wouldn't do anything either?

What do yall think?

I would email the schools and update them on your situation. Most schools are understanding.

Think what happend to Tulane and their medical school when katrina hit.