HY Neuro, Beh sci, Biostats

Discussion in 'Step I' started by mountaindew2006, Apr 20, 2004.

1. mountaindew2006

mountaindew2006 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Since these are right now my weak points, or atleast those I have paid LEAST attention to ...just wondering for the boards would using the above sources be enough for Step1? I flipped through HY neuro and it was actually pretty good (i suck at neuro).

Is it necessary to supplement w/ kaplans behav sci book ? And does the HY Behav Sci have biostats in it ?

Thanks

2. moo

moo 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm using HY Neuro, and I think it's a great book. HY Behavioral also is good. I don't see any advantages using the BRS version, it's by the same author and I really don't like the BRS series (only using path and physio BRS). HY Behavioral has sufficient biostats. There's no need to get HY biostats, it's a waste of time and money.

3. DRealDrZ

DRealDrZ Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I asked about the HY/BRS Behaviorial Sciences vs. Kaplan and was told by two people that Kaplan is good enough...both of them said they did really well on the BS part and they used Kaplan book only. Hope this helps a little.
    :thumbup:

4. 12R34Y

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Our third years at my school continually (almost unanimously) say that BRS behavioral is the way to go.

the questions in it are written by Fadeem who actually writes step 1 questions.

if you go through those questions you are gold.

later