HY Neuro, Beh sci, Biostats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mountaindew2006

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since these are right now my weak points, or atleast those I have paid LEAST attention to ...just wondering for the boards would using the above sources be enough for Step1? I flipped through HY neuro and it was actually pretty good (i suck at neuro).

Is it necessary to supplement w/ kaplans behav sci book ? And does the HY Behav Sci have biostats in it ?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm using HY Neuro, and I think it's a great book. HY Behavioral also is good. I don't see any advantages using the BRS version, it's by the same author and I really don't like the BRS series (only using path and physio BRS). HY Behavioral has sufficient biostats. There's no need to get HY biostats, it's a waste of time and money.

I asked about the HY/BRS Behaviorial Sciences vs. Kaplan and was told by two people that Kaplan is good enough...both of them said they did really well on the BS part and they used Kaplan book only. Hope this helps a little.
:thumbup:

Our third years at my school continually (almost unanimously) say that BRS behavioral is the way to go.

the questions in it are written by Fadeem who actually writes step 1 questions.

if you go through those questions you are gold.

later