1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Hydroboration

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Jaba, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Jaba

Jaba S.mutans

In Kaplan book it often shows the quick start products, some intermediate products and the end products...

I know that the hydroboration mechanism is very very time consuming to draw out... I was just curious if we should focus on the final outcome of such a mechanism, or if we need to focus on the full mechanism steps as well.

Thanks.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. harrygt

Pre-Dental
    Oh no Boy, just know that it adds water to a double bond in an anti-Markonvnikov and also SYN manner. Just look at the ochem questions on DAT. They are a piece of cake. You don't need to know the mechanism of such a reaction. I remember that my teacher did not even get in the mechanism details for this reaction!

4. Jaba

Jaba S.mutans

Ok thanks for your input! I know the mechanisms, but i think for the DAT there wouldn't be the time to draw it all out LOL..

Thanks again! I'll focus more on the bigger picture.