Hypocrisy of health care workers?

Started by nnguyenc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not really. The amount of ethanol in those preparations isn't enough to intoxicate a fly. Alcohol dehydrogenase will take it out lickity split before any hepatic damage is dealt. It's all about dosage levels. Take enough Tussin DM and I'm sure you'd be trippin' balls.

Of course it's hypocrisy. It cracks me up. If a person were to take Ativan illicitly it's scandalous. A person gets hammered at the local pub and it's fine. Same damn neurotransmitter potentiation. It's another one of those things we don't consider the idiocy of. Ethanol taken at intoxicating levels is a rather dangerous xenobiotic. People are willing to stop taking all sorts of crap because there is a 0.8% chance of hepatic toxicity, yet you'll see a 24-pack cube of Miller Lite in their cart. It's f'n wonderful.
According to Pharmacist James (PharmD), you can become addicted to the alcohol in cough syrup. I better start listening to my pharmacist. He's so smart, he can cite himself! 🙄

You gotta love it when they buy Miller Lite and Vicodin in the same trip.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just thought I'd share... I stopped snacking on candy, for the most part, two weeks ago. I only eat a little bit at work here and there. I've lost two and half pounds so far 😀 (hopefully that tells you something about my previous candy habits). I'm not a big fan of other snacks, so it's been a tough battle!
 
I just thought I'd share... I stopped snacking on candy, for the most part, two weeks ago. I only eat a little bit at work here and there. I've lost two and half pounds so far 😀 (hopefully that tells you something about my previous candy habits). I'm not a big fan of other snacks, so it's been a tough battle!

I'm right there with ya man! I'm a hard candy freak! I'd have jolly ranchers or something at work with me and I realized I was eating 20-25 of them, on an 8 hour shift! If that's not a good way to get diabetes, I don't know what is.
 
I'm right there with ya man! I'm a hard candy freak! I'd have jolly ranchers or something at work with me and I realized I was eating 20-25 of them, on an 8 hour shift! If that's not a good way to get diabetes, I don't know what is.
Have you tried sugarless gum? It works pretty well. Sugarless drinks might be a decent substitute too.

I just threw out a bag of Jolly Ranchers 😛
I won't tease myself by talking about what I love, but I can say that I've resisted the after Easter candy sales. If I can do that, then I must have willpower! 😀

Good luck with your sweet tooth!
 
Have you tried sugarless gum? It works pretty well. Sugarless drinks might be a decent substitute too.

I just threw out a bag of Jolly Ranchers 😛
I won't tease myself by talking about what I love, but I can say that I've resisted the after Easter candy sales. If I can do that, then I must have willpower! 😀

Good luck with your sweet tooth!

I just ate a huge home baked chocolate chip cookie. I might eat another one.
 
go eat a bloody steak.. or suck on some heads.. crawdads I mean.
 
go eat a bloody steak.. or suck on some heads.. crawdads I mean.
...and to think that I had thought that I had forgotten about your crazy ***...

I'm afraid if I eat anything at this point, I'm have GI side effects. Perhaps I'll start will broccoli or soup. They're pretty easy on the GI system and healthy too.
If I'm feeling risky, I might heat up a four cheese Lean Pocket 😍

By the way, you should know that you can't get anything out of crawdadhead. Like a prized woman, it's all in the tail.
 
...and to think that I had thought that I had forgotten about your crazy ***...

I'm afraid if I eat anything at this point, I'm have GI side effects. Perhaps I'll start will broccoli or soup. They're pretty easy on the GI system and healthy too.
If I'm feeling risky, I might heat up a four cheese Lean Pocket 😍

By the way, you should know that you can't get anything out of crawdadhead. Like a prized woman, it's all in the tail.

the reward is in capturing the mind of a prized woman...not the tail.
 
A woman who controls her mind will allow herself to be captured at her discretion.
If her mind is controlled by someone else, you cannot capture her mind, because it no longer belongs to her.

what's this got to do with sucking crawdad head?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm completely confused with this thread that i started

people are saints...end thread
 
good thing... germans are good at few things.. making nice sports cars and losing big wars.
Since you brought up the war,
i'm completely confused with this thread that i started
people are saints...end thread
and you're lost due to threadjaking,
let me get it back on track...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-yldqNkGfo[/YOUTUBE]
*Note the choice of food for each country. The Americans are depicted by greasy hamburgers, which doesn't surprise me.