Hypothetical question..

Started by opee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

opee

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi fellas.....

Just a hypothetical question.....

say I take the MCAT 3 time = bad score each time 😱 ....

I take it again the 4th time ---> killer score 👍

gpa---> o.k.

great other so-called extracurrecular stuff....

should I bother applying to an allo or steo school?
 
opee said:
Hi fellas.....

Just a hypothetical question.....

say I take the MCAT 3 time = bad score each time 😱 ....

I take it again the 4th time ---> killer score 👍

gpa---> o.k.

great other so-called extracurrecular stuff....

should I bother applying to an allo or steo school?

There are a lot of MD schools that just look at your latest MCAT scores. It would be nice if you could give them an explanation for why your score was so bad the first 3 times. I'm assuming ok GPA is 3.3+
 
opee said:
Hi Medikit,

Yes, gpa 3.3+......what about DO schools? u think better chance?

Have you gotten the fourth killer MCAT scores? DO schools are always a better chance, but with a 3.3 and an awesome MCAT you are in great shape for MD schools. Like I said, most schools put the most emphasis on the last mcat you took.
 
opee said:
Hi Medikit,

Yes, gpa 3.3+......what about DO schools? u think better chance?
If you can pull of a 27 or above, you have a good shot at a DO school. Anything less may be an uphill battle but it is worth a shot.