MCAT Registration Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hommefatale

Reaction score
Hi! I applied for an early assurance program (Flexmed), and one of the requirements if accepted (I hear back late June) is to not sit for an MCAT. Registration for August MCATs (what I would ideally take if I am not accepted) opens tomorrow, and I am aware it is competitive to get a timing close to my home city if registered too late. Are schools like Sinai able to see if I have registered for the MCAT? I obviously will cancel my registration if accepted, I just want to make sure I have a spot if that is not the case!

Members don't see this ad.

Usually no school knows if you registered for the MCAT (specific date or location), but many lean on MCAT registration data for marketing (like the Minority Applicant Registry).

I am not aware of any early signaling. If there were, that would be another set of blinking lights on our consoles when screening applicants. Further, we wouldn't ask you to list your future test date on AMCAS.