Hypothetical

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
How many invites would you say?
20-30?
30-40?
40-50?
50-60?
60-70?
70+?
A lot to a lot. more than you could schedule, which maxes out at maybe 30 or 40 due to finite time.
There is no equation dude. Focus on college or med school applications. You aren't even in the arena yet let alone ready for the main event.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Would you mind just giving a ballpark range?
More than 40. Less than 120. What does it matter? If I say "60" that is neither more or less true than 70 or 80 or 90. The specific number depends on the specific resume and application. Someone with the stats cited could be offered interviews at almost every program or relatively few depending on the details.

Reactions: 1 user
@mmmcdowe Out of curiosity, with the *hypothetical stats mentioned above (250s STEP, 5+ non first author clinical pubs, mostly honors, good LORs), how would a US IMG fare? Not caribbean. Think UK, Ireland, Australia US IMG. Not asking for number of Interview invites like OP, but rather do you think they would get a lot of interviews and be able to match based on interview performance? Or are those stats not good enough to overcome IMG status.

@mmmcdowe Out of curiosity, with the *hypothetical stats mentioned above (250s STEP, 5+ non first author clinical pubs, mostly honors, good LORs), how would a US IMG fare? Not caribbean. Think UK, Ireland, Australia US IMG. Not asking for number of Interview invites like OP, but rather do you think they would get a lot of interviews and be able to match based on interview performance? Or are those stats not good enough to overcome IMG status.

I think they would have a shot but honestly I can't say I have had any experience with that category.

I think they would have a shot but honestly I can't say I have had any experience with that category.

Thanks for the answer.

Also, is basic science research a requirement at all? Or is clinical research sufficient if you do enough/are productive?