I accidentally what?

Started by SamyLSF
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nice professionalism there laughing at the expense of a patient's four months of pain/suffering.

No I'm just kidding, that's pretty damn hilarious. 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe I'm just young and ignorant, but why use a condom for that? And if they were, they obviously had a reason why that was important, so not realizing it vanished is even more interesting lol.
 
I enjoyed the scientific summary at the end. Its amazing what detailed retrospective history can uncover...🙄


"Detailed retrospective history also confirmed accidental inhalation of the condom during fellatio."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol okay, I had a feeling it was inappropriate but I didn't know what the limit was on this site.

lol, although slightly inappropriate, that was not a vulgarity. It was a witty inuendo and was much less vulgar than most things on here. That was just the new mod trying to feel important with his shiny new badge. I wouldn't worry about it to much.
 
lol, although slightly inappropriate, that was not a vulgarity. It was a witty inuendo and was much less vulgar than most things on here. That was just the new mod trying to feel important with his shiny new badge. I wouldn't worry about it to much.
how insensitive of you! i was deeply offended. bleargh was just doing his duty.
 
lol, although slightly inappropriate, that was not a vulgarity. It was a witty inuendo and was much less vulgar than most things on here. That was just the new mod trying to feel important with his shiny new badge. I wouldn't worry about it to much.
I lol'd, personally. I think SDN needs moar humor. Too many srs business pre-meds.
 
I'm sorry blearg. I did not intend to deride or disrespect you. I appreciate what all of you and the other moderators are doing here. Keep up the good work 🙂
 
Why do patients lie about these sorts of things? Shouldn't she have suspected this cause if all of this started after she swallowed it?

One of my aunts is an MRI tech and she tells me all the time about patients who come in for MRI's because they have... digestive obstructions? (searching for polite phrase haha) When they run the MRI they find everything from dildos to lightbulbs stuck up there and yet didn't tell their physician... Like no one was ever going to find out? 😕
 
I enjoyed the scientific summary at the end. Its amazing what detailed retrospective history can uncover...🙄


"Detailed retrospective history also confirmed accidental inhalation of the condom during fellatio."

Well, when they're at the point of showing her the recovered condom, what else can she say? "I can't remember a time i was at risk of inhaling a condom," wouldn't exactly fly.

I'm totally pursuing medicine to participate in solving medical mysteries such as this one.
 
lol, although slightly inappropriate, that was not a vulgarity. It was a witty inuendo and was much less vulgar than most things on here. That was just the new mod trying to feel important with his shiny new badge. I wouldn't worry about it to much.


I completely agree haha - Power goes straight to the head.


On topic: I don't think she probably realized this happened, otherwise she may have said something about it. But then again, how do you not realize starting with the object and ending without it????
 
Dude musta been packing a tic-tac if the condom whoooshed off during a beej. Seems like nobody wins in this scenario 🙁
 
I think this exact same case was totally on Grey's Anatomy a few weeks ago. lmao, that's awesome.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From the discussion section of the paper:

Even following the condom retrieval from bronchus and its demonstration to couple, a history of fellatio was obtained from them after prolonged efforts. Both were understandably hesitant in disclosing it owing to the nature of affair concerned (involving one’s privacy), the unusual nature of coitus performed (via an oral route) and the inhalation of a discrete object (like condom). The possibility of seminal aspiration also taking place simultaneously may not be ruled out. It may also be disputed whether the aspiration could have initially contributed to development of a chemical pneumonitis-like picture of the affected lung segments or not.

You can't make this stuff up! Too funny (and unfortunate for the couple)...
 
A report from India so she's described as "a lady"....

I doubt she was a prostitute if she was interviewed as part of a couple. It could be cultural prohibitions against oral sex and shame that precluded the couple from reporting the condom situation earlier in the course of the work-up.
 
A report from India so she's described as "a lady"....

I doubt she was a prostitute if she was interviewed as part of a couple. It could be cultural prohibitions against oral sex and shame that precluded the couple from reporting the condom situation earlier in the course of the work-up.

This was suggested in the paper...
 
They must have noticed that the condom went missing. I'm guessing they thought she swallowed it and that it would...naturally work its way out? Or, they were just too embarrassed and didn't know what to do.
 
Why do patients lie about these sorts of things? Shouldn't she have suspected this cause if all of this started after she swallowed it?

One of my aunts is an MRI tech and she tells me all the time about patients who come in for MRI's because they have... digestive obstructions? (searching for polite phrase haha) When they run the MRI they find everything from dildos to lightbulbs stuck up there and yet didn't tell their physician... Like no one was ever going to find out? 😕

We lie because it's embarrassing to tell the truth. We might know that our physician will not judge us, but we also "know" that our physician is a person. And people lie, cheat, steal, and feel embarrassment. So we lie.
 
We lie because it's embarrassing to tell the truth. We might know that our physician will not judge us, but we also "know" that our physician is a person. And people lie, cheat, steal, and feel embarrassment. So we lie.

Haha I apologize, but the wording of your post is hilarious because grammatically it sounds like you're including yourself in the group of people with various things stuck in their rectums, even though I know you just mean "we" as general people. :laugh:

More seriously though... I understand why people do it, I just don't understand the point when you know the truth is going to come out. Maybe I'm just excessively pragmatic, but I'm not going to lie to the person who's I've gone to for the sole purpose of fixing whatever it is I'm lying about.