cyclegirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2005
Status
I am just so happy that I can not keep it to myself. This is my second year applying and I just got my first acceptance and it was to my #1 choice. I will be attending VCOM in August and I did it with below average stats. If I could do it anyone can. HORRAY FOR ME!!!

VCOM class of 2010

madonna

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2005
los angeles
Status
Medical Student
cyclegirl said:
I am just so happy that I can not keep it to myself. This is my second year applying and I just got my first acceptance and it was to my #1 choice. I will be attending VCOM in August and I did it with below average stats. If I could do it anyone can. HORRAY FOR ME!!!

VCOM class of 2010

congradulations :thumbup: :thumbup:

elonk

10+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2004
Philly
Status
Resident [Any Field]
That's awesome :D

Im a reapplicant myself this year...still in the middle of the process though...

Hate to be nosey but I would love to hear more of your story

About the Ads

cyclegirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2005
Status
If you would like to know more you can PM me and good luck to you!!

jbone

Herro!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2005
Some freakin corn field in Iowa
Status
Resident [Any Field]
cyclegirl said:

VCOM class of 2010
Congrats! VCOM is a great school. Now tell all the people who doubted you to kiss your a$$. That is what I did. Good job. :thumbup:

mj1878

Water good...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2002
Barnes and Noble, studying as usual.
mj1878.wordpress.com
Status
Medical Student
Great job!!! :clap:

stookie

Slick Nasty
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 28, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Congrats!! Now I know that there is hope for me too!!

gbleeker

Creighton, 2010
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2005
Iowa
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Congrats to the OP! I am in the same boat; 2nd year applying, and I was just accepted to Creighton a few days ago, and it was my first choice school! My GPA is really good, my EC's are fair, and my MCAT (in my opinion) is ok (28), after taking it 3 times. Stupid MCAT. I should start a rant thread.

LOL, off topic, but seriously, congrats, we are going to be doc's! Good luck to everyone else applying this year.

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 10, 2002
Status
Attending Physician

run4boston

formerly Run
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2005
San Jose, CA
Status
cyclegirl said:

VCOM class of 2010

your persistence paid off. :)

cyclegirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2005
Status
planningMD just curious why you are posting your story on 4 plus different threads??

About the Ads

planningMD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 18, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
maybe you had advice for me?? i dont know.

beyond that, i thought a larger exposure crowd would help. i have this afternoon, and i have to get back to work on the streets tomorrow...

Doctor Bagel

so cheap and juicy
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2002
from the ministry of information
Status
Attending Physician
planningMD said:
maybe you had advice for me?? i dont know.

beyond that, i thought a larger exposure crowd would help. i have this afternoon, and i have to get back to work on the streets tomorrow...
perhaps you should post the story in a new thread because it's sort of rude to hijack threads.

btw, congrats, cyclegirl!!! :thumbup:

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 5, 2001
Cali
cyclegirl said:

VCOM class of 2010
Woo hoo congrats :thumbup:

Unknown3234

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2005
TN
Status
Resident [Any Field]
cyclegirl said:

VCOM class of 2010
Congrats on a job well done. what were your stats if you don't mind sharing?
Congrats again

MedChef

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats to all accepted re-applicants!

It is also my second time applying, and I was accepted to Tufts a few weeks ago. I just wanted to write this because I know how frustrating the process can be. Keep your heads up and hang in there.

Dr Trek 1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2003
Visit site
Status
Pre-Medical
To the OP: CONGRATULATIONS!!!

This goes to show that the key to successfully gaining acceptance to med school is persistence.

kimberly12484

15+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2004
lawton,oklahoma
Visit site
Status
cyclegirl said:

VCOM class of 2010

Congratulations! I think that very encouraging for the rest of us! Good luck!

About the Ads