I am a DAT noob. Need some help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SN1

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it really necessary to get DAT destroyer? I heard the questions are too difficult compared to the actual exam.

This is what I am going to get:
Chad's videos
Crack DAT PAT
Cliff's AP bio
Math destroyer

are those enough?

I also plan on taking the DAT early September. I have gotten my dentpin but I haven't registered for the test yet. When should I do this? Should I bother paying $325 now? Sorry but I have no clue about this.

any other advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

That is almost identical to the material I used to study for the DAT. I just included the DAT Destroyer as well and I highly recommend it. I went through destroyer about 3 times, did most of the tests in Math destroyer and crack DAT PAT. Ended up with a much better score than I expected so just stick with it and you'll do fine.

Also, I suggest you register for a date as soon as possible if you have one in mind. The test centers get more packed the longer you wait. Setting a date also tends to motivate you to work towards the end goal. You can always change the date if you don't feel prepared as long as it's not too close to the test date. Good luck.

That is almost identical to the material I used to study for the DAT. I just included the DAT Destroyer as well and I highly recommend it. I went through destroyer about 3 times, did most of the tests in Math destroyer and crack DAT PAT. Ended up with a much better score than I expected so just stick with it and you'll do fine.

Also, I suggest you register for a date as soon as possible if you have one in mind. The test centers get more packed the longer you wait. Setting a date also tends to motivate you to work towards the end goal. You can always change the date if you don't feel prepared as long as it's not too close to the test date. Good luck.

Thanks for your input. If I register for the test now, this means I would have to pay the 325 dollars now correct? What if I want to change the test date? is there an additional fee?

Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend getting the Crack Dat PAT and the Dat Destroyer package that includes all the sciences and the math destroyer. The Kaplan blue book was also good to get me started with some real practice tests (the Destroyer just has lots of questions, but not in a practice test format) and the Kaplan books provided a pretty good review of the sciences.
I know all the practice materials are expensive, but I recommend investing in them now and studying as well as you can. Otherwise, you'll have to pay another $325 and wait 3 months to retake the exam.

And yes, if you register for the exam now, you have to pay the $325 now. Its worth it to just register now and have your date set. You can change the test date for $25 up to 72 hours before the exam.

Is it really necessary to get DAT destroyer? I heard the questions are too difficult compared to the actual exam.

This is what I am going to get:
Chad's videos
Crack DAT PAT
Cliff's AP bio
Math destroyer

are those enough?

I also plan on taking the DAT early September. I have gotten my dentpin but I haven't registered for the test yet. When should I do this? Should I bother paying $325 now? Sorry but I have no clue about this.

any other advice would be appreciated.

thanks

You might also want to consider topscore or DAT achiever software if you have never taken a computer based exam before.

Thank you very much for the input guys. So is it ok if I pay the 325 and register let say in june or july? I am kind of tight on money now.

Also should I get the royal flush edition for the crack DAT PAT? I think PAT is one of my weakest area.

I think I got one of the mid level Crack Dat pacakges. It had lots of PAT tests, some science, reading and math. I thought the PAT was by far the most useful parts. I don't know if I'd spend money on the other ones though. I thought Destroyer and Kaplan were much more helpful. I even saw some of the exact same questions on the real DAT as I had in these two books.

If you register for the DAT in June or July to take in September, you should be fine. You might get the exact test day you want, but there will certainly be available dates for you.

I think I got one of the mid level Crack Dat pacakges. It had lots of PAT tests, some science, reading and math. I thought the PAT was by far the most useful parts. I don't know if I'd spend money on the other ones though. I thought Destroyer and Kaplan were much more helpful. I even saw some of the exact same questions on the real DAT as I had in these two books.

If you register for the DAT in June or July to take in September, you should be fine. You might get the exact test day you want, but there will certainly be available dates for you.

Thanks a lot.

For certain, you should not pay money for any Kaplan Lessons. The Kaplan Books are ok, but the lessons they have aren't really helpful. Money to be spent elsewhere.

For certain, you should not pay money for any Kaplan Lessons. The Kaplan Books are ok, but the lessons they have aren't really helpful. Money to be spent elsewhere.

Yes sir. I am only buying the kaplan blue book.