I am a URM better than acceptable Stats and still nothing ?????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, the weather isn't that favorable but I loved Syracuse and the scholarship is the deal of a life time at any Medical school. I'm hoping to get money from Georgetown.

Thanks :), oh yeah I saw that admissions point system program in the Stanford thread, I'm still trying to figure out how it got there :confused:.
it's in the secondary thread??
ive never looked in there (im almost 100% sure im not applying, partly bcuz id never get in). could you post the link, i didn't see it after using the search function.

Members don't see this ad.

it's in the secondary thread??
ive never looked in there (im almost 100% sure im not applying, partly bcuz id never get in). could you post the link, i didn't see it after using the search function.

Here it is: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=7562491#post7562491.

Don't sell yourself short. You should def apply. This thread alone should speak volumes about the unpredictability of this process. Eastern Virginia gives me the boot pre-secondary and two months later I get an interview at Stanford and an acceptance at Georgetown :laugh:.

Stanford? DAYAM! Good luck! Wait a minute.. Stanford is in Los Gatos. That's in Northern California.

Stanford, that's Leland Stanford University is in Palo Alto. It's on I-80 between San Jose and San Francisco. It's not that far from either of those towns but certainly not near LA.

Members don't see this ad :)
o wow i didnt know their rating system was ONLINE. thats crazy! i wish more schools were so open..
lol and dude it would take a miracle to get me an interview at that place. i'm talking major Y2K-like epic computer glitch to fudge my application haha

o wow i didnt know their rating system was ONLINE. thats crazy! i wish more schools were so open..
lol and dude it would take a miracle to get me an interview at that place. i'm talking major Y2K-like epic computer glitch to fudge my application haha

jus punish ur mcat homie :thumbup:

not to sound cocky or anything, but im assuming im gonna put a hurt on that beast. im more than confident w/ PS and VR (not BS tho.. i think 10 isn't unreasonable to count as a given, but we shall see indeed). i just need to turn up the dial on my non-science grades because they're killing me... no Cs, but no As either. but there's plenty of time for that because ive been loading up on science. i have 3 credits of non science grades atm...

the reasons im unsure about even getting an interview include:
EDIT: on second thought, maybe i dont want all my business out there.
essentially, there are many parts of my app i still have to work on in order to be competitive for the likes of stanford

Last edited:
Stanford, that's Leland Stanford University is in Palo Alto. It's on I-80 between San Jose and San Francisco. It's not that far from either of those towns but certainly not near LA.

PA is actually between 280 and 101, and the official name of the school is Leland Stanford Jr. University. And if you book your ticket early enough, you can get down to LA for $50 (one way) from southwest.com. Congrats man on the progress so far. My time comes up in June. When is your interview at Stanford?

PA is actually between 280 and 101, and the official name of the school is Leland Stanford Jr. University. And if you book your ticket early enough, you can get down to LA for $50 (one way) from southwest.com. Congrats man on the progress so far. My time comes up in June. When is your interview at Stanford?

Thanks guys for all the travel advice, my ticket is all booked up. The interview is in a few days. I decided against going to LA so Stanford will have to be enough. My parents wouldn't dish out the money :slap:, I'm broke, and school is starting pretty soon.

marylanddude got banned? I will never understand how sdn decides who & why people can be banned. There are some of the nastiest people in pre-allo & someone like marylanddude gets banned for saying something is culturally insensitive!

marylanddude got banned? I will never understand how sdn decides who & why people can be banned. There are some of the nastiest people in pre-allo & someone like marylanddude gets banned for saying something is culturally insensitive!

Unless he sent a nasty PM to someone, which I dont really see happening, I'm gonna have to agree with you there. I probably should have been banned a long time ago in that case.

Unless he sent a nasty PM to someone, which I dont really see happening, I'm gonna have to agree with you there. I probably should have been banned a long time ago in that case.
Interesting, when I saw he was banned I just assumed that he was a fake account (common grounds for banning).

EDIT: Oh wow, I just read the thread you were referring to. For some reason when I saw it in pre-allo I just ignored it. That was probably a wise decision.

Last edited:
Interesting, when I saw he was banned I just assumed that he was a fake account (common grounds for banning).

EDIT: Oh wow, I just read the thread you were referring to. For some reason when I saw it in pre-allo I just ignored it. That was probably a wise decision.
yea that thread was dumb. Still, unless his PM was horrible & truly offensive, I've seen way worse on pre-allo any day.

yea that thread was dumb. Still, unless his PM was horrible & truly offensive, I've seen way worse on pre-allo any day.
I think that the general population on SDN is way meaner and way more sympathetic to conservative causes than the people I've interacted with in real life. Now granted, I've lived in some pretty liberal places, but still...

And not to say that evil and conservatism go hand in hand. But when people go on and on about welfare moms and mock the "Holy Undeserved" and everyone applauds them, and other people make extreme liberal comments and everyone bashes them, you start to wonder...

Users are not banned simply for the post that you are looking at in a thread but also for posts in other SDN forums too. Reading the Terms of Service (TOS) will give you all to reasons why we would ban a user.

If you have identified people who are seriously trolling, flaming, advertising, etc., then press the little triangle below their profile picture and report them. That allows the moderators to review the case.

I think that the general population on SDN is way meaner and way more sympathetic to conservative causes than the people I've interacted with in real life. Now granted, I've lived in some pretty liberal places, but still...

And not to say that evil and conservatism go hand in hand. But when people go on and on about welfare moms and mock the "Holy Undeserved" and everyone applauds them, and other people make extreme liberal comments and everyone bashes them, you start to wonder...
the internet lets people say what they wish they could in person. It is scary tho

OP was banned??!! :eek:

yeah like you guys have said i have read much worse, so it could be something else..eh thats unfortunate..