I am confused as hell

Started by voager
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

voager

DDS
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi i am 26 years old having my Masters in Instructional Design and currently working as ID. and now strongly feel that I should go back to what I have dreamt for ...YES Dental School...problem is I got my gradutarte degree from US but have undergrad from UK and dental schools need atleast 90 cr. hrs from US school before you apply for Dent. school... I have opportunity to take those 90 hrs now but then thinking how long wil it take ????offcourse i cant go to school full time as i am working...can any one give me advice or share their experience ???
 
hi i am 26 years old having my Masters in Instructional Design and currently working as ID. and now strongly feel that I should go back to what I have dreamt for ...YES Dental School...problem is I got my gradutarte degree from US but have undergrad from UK and dental schools need atleast 90 cr. hrs from US school before you apply for Dent. school... I have opportunity to take those 90 hrs now but then thinking how long wil it take ????offcourse i cant go to school full time as i am working...can any one give me advice or share their experience ???


Well, its going to be a long haul for you too my friend, unfortunately not too many schools accept Undergraduate Units from Foreign countries.However there are quite a few schools who would count your Graduate units (30 units) towards the 90 unit requirement. You have to decide if you want to take classes at a cc or a 4-yr Univ. Though Dental schools "prefer" classes to be taken at a 4-yr college they do accept cc credits also, especially if you have a good graduate record. Take as many classes as you can handle each semester while ensuring that you maintain a 4.0 (or as close to it as possible) especially if you take the cc route. There are several classes that you can take at a cc while you work, like early morning (7-9) evening classes (5-9) and on the weekends.While its little harder to find classes/spots at a 4-yr college.

Do a little search around,there is a lot of great information for you on this forum, it would really help you out.Best of Luck.

:luck: