I am CONFUSED ='(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shikamaru

Vie for PharmD
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am confused... I mean, there is so much time between applying to pharmacy school and matriculation. If someone who is expecting a BS prior to matriculation applies to pharmacy school while pursuing his/her last 2-3 quarters of undergraduate studies, does that mean the person does NOT hold a BS according to the school websites that show the percentage of accepted applicants who hold a BS? :confused: :confused: I have this same question regarding the "average GPA of accepted students." Is that GPA DURING their application time or is that GPA their *new* GPA right before going to pharmacy school? @___@a

Members don't see this ad.

I am confused... I mean, there is so much time between applying to pharmacy school and matriculation. If someone who is expecting a BS prior to matriculation applies to pharmacy school while pursuing his/her last 2-3 quarters of undergraduate studies, does that mean the person does NOT hold a BS according to the school websites that show the percentage of accepted applicants who hold a BS? :confused: :confused: I have this same question regarding the "average GPA of accepted students." Is that GPA DURING their application time or is that GPA their *new* GPA right before going to pharmacy school? @___@a

The percentage of students holding a BS degree is the number that actually have the degree when they start pharmacy school (even though they may not have had it when they applied). The GPA is during application. How can someone have a new GPA before starting pharmacy school. That GPA would not exist.

The percentage of students holding a BS degree is the number that actually have the degree when they start pharmacy school (even though they may not have had it when they applied). The GPA is during application. How can someone have a new GPA before starting pharmacy school. That GPA would not exist.

Thanks for the clarification! I have one more quick question.

So I know that some schools let you finish up prereqs in between the time you apply and matriculation. However, since the GPA during application is the GPA that they use to compare all applicants with, would it count against me if I take one last prereq during that in-between time?

Thanks for the clarification! I have one more quick question.

So I know that some schools let you finish up prereqs in between the time you apply and matriculation. However, since the GPA during application is the GPA that they use to compare all applicants with, would it count against me if I take one last prereq during that in-between time?

When I got my acceptance call, they reminded me I needed to complete my prereqs still outstanding by next fall. They said I needed to achieve "at least Cs" in the course. I've never had a C in my life, so obviously this isn't in accordance with my GPA. However, once your accepted, I don't think it matters as long as you pass.