I am freaking the hell out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fellowstudent92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. First time here. I seriously need some advice and for you guys to calm me down. So I have my DATs scheduled for July 18th. I haven't submitted my aasdsas app yet because I'm still working on my PS. Hopefully plan to have that sent in by next week. I have NOT submitted my transcripts yet because my health advising office at school hasn't said anything about this. And I was looking through past threads about how you should have them sent in as soon as possible. So I'll do that tomorrow. I have until the end of june right?
Also, our health advising office at school has their own system where they do mock interviews so the committee can write their own master letter to be sent to aasdsas so I guess it's okay if I don't personally send my LORs right? My committee interview is mid july so I guess that's when they'll send my letter in? Not too sure about this.
I feel like everything's coming down on a hammer. Is there anything else I should know about? I won't be that late right? Please any help is appreciated! Also, if you can write a personalized response instead of linking me to other websites, that would help a lot in terms of easing my stress!

My stats: GPA: 3.84 . sGPA: 3.75.
research paper submitted with me as an author
acknowledged on a different paper that's actually published; been doin research for 5 years now.
Have published a unique coding sequence into GenBank in high school
Taught my own credit based class
Participated in years of volunteering at the local high school with mentoring
EMT
Dental shadowing-- 120 hours
Paid position as a chem tutor
interned in an hiv clinic over the summer
member of a community service frat

That's it! All input would be helpful! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys. First time here. I seriously need some advice and for you guys to calm me down. So I have my DATs scheduled for July 18th. Expect DAT scores to delay your application ~2 weeks due to processing. I haven't submitted my aasdsas app yet because I'm still working on my PS. Hopefully plan to have that sent in by next week. That is fine, still going to be delayed by DAT scores and Committee letter but submit when you can. I have NOT submitted my transcripts yet because my health advising office at school hasn't said anything about this. This has nothing to do with the office, the AADSAS application specifically has a section regarding transcripts and matching forms, do this as soon as you can. And I was looking through past threads about how you should have them sent in as soon as possible. So I'll do that tomorrow. I have until the end of june right? Once again, this will be completed before your DAT and committee letter so it is not really an issue but do it asap.
Also, our health advising office at school has their own system where they do mock interviews so the committee can write their own master letter to be sent to aasdsas so I guess it's okay if I don't personally send my LORs right? Correct. My committee interview is mid july so I guess that's when they'll send my letter in? Not too sure about this. They will send it when their file on you is complete after your mock interview.
I feel like everything's coming down on a hammer. Is there anything else I should know about? Not really, just submit the required materials. I won't be that late right? You won't be "early" but you won't be "late", let's just say on-time. Please any help is appreciated! Also, if you can write a personalized response instead of linking me to other websites, that would help a lot in terms of easing my stress! Your GPA is excellent, your ECs are great, just do well on the DAT and you have a chance at pretty much any school.

acknowledged on a different paper that's actually published; been doin research for 5 years now.
EMT

Answers in bold.

6w8oi.gif

But in all seriousness your application looks great so far, and provided you do well on your DAT, time really shouldn't be a concern.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys!! This kind of helps. but I still need to get my **** together. WHEN DOES THIS END UGH

Also when I am listing my E.Cs, I also want to add that I got into this clinical internship program at a medical school but it's medically related, not dentally. Should I still list it?

Hm. So why exactly are you freaking out? Your application looks fine and you aren't late. Chill out.

Cause I'm looking through past threads about the transcript stuff and when other people submitted theirs and I haven't done any of that, not to mention I have this test to study for and summer classes. I do need to chill out.

WHEN DOES THIS END UGH

Not anytime soon unfortunately ;)

In my opinion the application part was the least stressful (and I applied sorta late). The real stress hits you once you hit that submit button.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it won't be that bad after I submit the application though. I mean how much worse does it get? I think interviews are pretty fun. But that's just me. Anyways, what should I do about that clinical internship thing? Should I list it? Seems risky imo.

Cause I'm looking through past threads about the transcript stuff and when other people submitted theirs and I haven't done any of that, not to mention I have this test to study for and summer classes. I do need to chill out.
you have time. you're taking your DAT in july anyways. It doesn't matter if you have your transcripts in or not. they wont look at your application until your DAT scores are in. so even if you send in your transcripts right now, it'd be ready. And even if you only get everything in by august, you still aren't late.

I think it won't be that bad after I submit the application though. I mean how much worse does it get? I think interviews are pretty fun. But that's just me. Anyways, what should I do about that clinical internship thing? Should I list it? Seems risky imo.
dont forget secondaries.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's not bad then. Sorry to keep bringing up the elephant in the room again and again lol but could you answer that internship question please?

Also would any of you guys be down to look over my PS?

That's not bad then. Sorry to keep bringing up the elephant in the room again and again lol but could you answer that internship question please?

I don't think it should be much of an issue. You might have to talk about it at interviews, so just make sure you don't let them get any false impressions

Hey guys. First time here. I seriously need some advice and for you guys to calm me down. So I have my DATs scheduled for July 18th. I haven't submitted my aasdsas app yet because I'm still working on my PS. Hopefully plan to have that sent in by next week. I have NOT submitted my transcripts yet because my health advising office at school hasn't said anything about this. And I was looking through past threads about how you should have them sent in as soon as possible. So I'll do that tomorrow. I have until the end of june right?
Also, our health advising office at school has their own system where they do mock interviews so the committee can write their own master letter to be sent to aasdsas so I guess it's okay if I don't personally send my LORs right? My committee interview is mid july so I guess that's when they'll send my letter in? Not too sure about this.
I feel like everything's coming down on a hammer. Is there anything else I should know about? I won't be that late right? Please any help is appreciated! Also, if you can write a personalized response instead of linking me to other websites, that would help a lot in terms of easing my stress!

EMT

You will probably have to attend dental school in the Caribbean.

good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a dental schol on the Caribbean ?

Wow. 5 YEARS of research?! Are you a non-trad? How did you fit all of that in? That's amazing! Are you going to do more of it in dental school?

Lol thanks silent cool. And no I'm just a reg college kid. I did research in high school so that's where the 5 is coming from. And of course! Not gonna let my efforts go down the drain after devoting so much time to it.

Dude..you're good, many people would kill for the situation you're in. Stop stressing out and take it easy

You seem like you're in great shape! You have awesome ECs and grades just focus on killing the DAT. I wouldn't worry at all if I was you. Good luck!

You seem like you're in great shape! You have awesome ECs and grades just focus on killing the DAT. I wouldn't worry at all if I was you. Good luck!

Yea thanks. I think I'm just freaking out at the fact that everybody else here has applied like a month ago lol and I'm not even close to them. But oh well!

Yea thanks. I think I'm just freaking out at the fact that everybody else here has applied like a month ago lol and I'm not even close to them. But oh well!

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. I'm submitting next week and I'm not too worried about it. The first batch of applications isn't sent out by AADSAS until June 28th. So nobodies application is at they schools they have applied to, yet. Every Friday after June 28th the next batch of applications will be submitted. I've heard that being in the first five batches of applications is a good thing to strive for, but not essential. Try to have everything finished by the time you take the DAT, or at least have all of your transcripts and LOR in, so you can finish your application quickly. I have multiple friends who didn't apply until mid-August or early-September and they were all first time acceptances and are in their second or third year of dental school right now. So seriously just try to relax. You have a great gpa and will be an exceptional applicant. Too many people freak out about being an early applicant, but dental schools won't accept someone who isn't as qualified just because they are early. So try to make sure you have a good application and do well on your DAT. Everything else will fall into place.

Dude, go to a bar and calm the hell down. You freaking out about essentially nothing isn't going to help you study for the DAT.

Reactions: 2 users
Lol thanks silent cool. And no I'm just a reg college kid. I did research in high school so that's where the 5 is coming from. And of course! Not gonna let my efforts go down the drain after devoting so much time to it.
Holy crap, you can do research in high school?

Greetings fellow EMT from a soon-to-be-EMT.

First batch was today, just btw for whoever said first batch was the 28th.

First batch was today, just btw for whoever said first batch was the 28th.

You're right. That's my mistake. Last years first batch mailed out June 28th. I misread that on another thread.

Dude, go to a bar and calm the hell down. You freaking out about essentially nothing isn't going to help you study for the DAT.

Yea I just might do that lol just kidding. Submitted my transcripts today!
These posts made me feel much better loll. Thanks guys!

Just submitted my transcripts! This whole thread calmed me the **** down a lot lol thanks guys

I don't even know if the whole batch thing applies any more. I think as soon as you submit and your GPA is verified schools receive your app.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't even know if the whole batch thing applies any more. I think as soon as you submit and your GPA is verified schools receive your app.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

From my understanding, they are able to view it if they please and see who has selected them for secondary/supplement purposes. But in the end, it won't be looked at for awhile which is after the official mailing anyway.